• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father's and grandparent's rights in State of Virginia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nancee

Where would I find father's rights in Virginia? Not only concerning child support but why does a father have to loose everything. The wife left, with small child, not only is he left with all of the expenses of the house and the household bills, where does he go for protection. Is there a father's right group in the state of VA. He has attorney but in VA, the mother isn't quilty, everything seems to go that way. She's innocent, until proven guilty, he's guilty until proven innocent. WHo is there to protect the father's rights and as grandparents, do we have rights too.

Thank you

L

LadyBlu

Nancee said:
Where would I find father's rights in Virginia? Not only concerning child support but why does a father have to loose everything. The wife left, with small child, not only is he left with all of the expenses of the house and the household bills, where does he go for protection. Is there a father's right group in the state of VA. He has attorney but in VA, the mother isn't quilty, everything seems to go that way. She's innocent, until proven guilty, he's guilty until proven innocent. WHo is there to protect the father's rights and as grandparents, do we have rights too.

Thank you
Because of the US Supreme Court ruling on the Troxel v Granville case, there have been many new laws regarding grandparents rights. From what I have researched, states that have laws such as Washington did that allowed anyone that had a relationship with a child to request visitation, are in the process of rewriting their statutes to include that grandparents do not have the right to request visitation from in-tact families. But they are trying to get them in line with the Supreme Court ruling to state that grandparents of families of divorce can still have the rights to visitation and access to the child(ren).

As for the father and advocacy groups, may I suggest you go to one of the many search engines online and type in Fathers rights and it should produce a number of resourced.

A

AngelKissedMom

Nancee said:
Where would I find father's rights in Virginia? Not only concerning child support but why does a father have to loose everything. WHo is there to protect the father's rights and as grandparents, do we have rights too.

Thank you
Welp Nancee...just come to Chesterfield County where the "Good Ole Boy" network is alive and well. Why here in Chesterfield a man can have an affair, have a child as a result of that affair and when discovered can abandon his wife and child, leave her with no money, car, assets and go support his mistress, their child and all her other children from previous relationships.....go bellyup on their house so it is in foreclosure, assault her in front of the child, be an active alcoholic pathological liar. Well now maybe I'm being a tad too harsh here....a FEMALE Judge actually did attempt to do the right thing and award the wife spousal and child support.....but alas, it has YET to be enforced and he is in arrears to the tune of $10,000 dollars and has not seen one second of jail and it doesn't look like he will either. Tomorrow is my Show Cause hearing so we shall see but I for one am not holding my breath. They have mysteriously "lost" my court orders, "misplaced" my Subpoenas Duce Tecum's and well by golly, some never were served at all...they just "vanished".
I'm sorry but in MY lil corner of VA it is VERY Pro-Dad at ALL cost to the innocent child, the innocent spouse, etc. The system is rotten! Oh and one last thing....I not only permit but encourage my soon to be Ex's parents to be involved with our son. Why should that relationship suffer because their son is a first class lunatic? I keep my distance from them myself but I have an open door policy when it comes to the child. My son has already lost enough in this lifetime.

[Edited by AngelKissedMom on 01-25-2001 at 09:43 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">