• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fathers name not on birth certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

Ymanavs

My fiancee and I had a baby in November, she claims that I never put my name on the birth certificate. However the babies last name had my last name. Now she has changed the babies last name to her last name and I am not even listed on the birth certificate at all. She also tells me she wants nothing to do with me and only wants me around when I can give her money. She sets times as to how long I can be at her house seeing my daughter. Now after giving her a check for 1500 she wants me to pay half the day care costs. Can she do all of this? What can I do? I live in Colorado

LegalBeagle

Ymanavs said:
My fiancee and I had a baby in November, she claims that I never put my name on the birth certificate. However the babies last name had my last name. Now she has changed the babies last name to her last name and I am not even listed on the birth certificate at all. She also tells me she wants nothing to do with me and only wants me around when I can give her money. She sets times as to how long I can be at her house seeing my daughter. Now after giving her a check for 1500 she wants me to pay half the day care costs. Can she do all of this? What can I do? I live in Colorado
She can do anything she wants while you allow her to.. The only way to stop it is to go to court and get custody/visitation and Child Support sorted out legally.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">