• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fathers rights, Can wife just take kids and move away? No court orders.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jrmsmechanical

I am in nh, wife took kids, my brand new car, financed my name only, and took rent money out of bank causing check to bounce.

She is unstable

Took none of the kids things.
They all need to be in school.

What do I do legally?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I am in nh, wife took kids, my brand new car, financed my name only, and took rent money out of bank causing check to bounce.

She is unstable

Took none of the kids things.
They all need to be in school.

What do I do legally?
File for divorce, request the court order the children to be returned to you, that you be made legal custodian until the divorce is final and mom be given visitation and ordered to pay child support.

Jrmsmechanical

What about my vehicle? Etc.

I realize there is a 50/50 agreement with marriage

But don't understand how wife can just take a car her name is not on, I financed myself, because her credit is horrible, and mine is good. She does not pay for it, and can not pay for it.

My understanding is she would have to acquire her own financing to even be awarded the car? Is this correct.

Also, she will not tell me where they are, how can this be legal?
To just take off with 4 kids and not give an address, and leave everything behind.
This must be child endangerment of some sort?

Filing papers with the court is fine, but is not possible if she can't be served those papers and forced to appear.??

Thanks

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
I realize there is a 50/50 agreement with marriage
What are you talking about?

But don't understand how wife can just take a car her name is not on, I financed myself, because her credit is horrible, and mine is good. She does not pay for it, and can not pay for it.

My understanding is she would have to acquire her own financing to even be awarded the car? Is this correct.

Also, she will not tell me where they are, how can this be legal?
To just take off with 4 kids and not give an address, and leave everything behind.
This must be child endangerment of some sort?

Filing papers with the court is fine, but is not possible if she can't be served those papers and forced to appear.??

Thanks
Good gods NO, it's not child endangerment. You have EQUAL rights - that means either or both of you can play stupid games. I suggest you don't start that, even if she has.

No, she doesn't have to acquire her own financing. She can be ordered to by the court, but that's not a guarantee at all ... specially if she winds up with custody and has no other vehicle.

Why file? Because that gives YOU the right to take your court order and get the kids; make sure you ask the court to order the police to assist/intervene with/enforce pickup once you find her.

So get offline, and go see a local attorney - NOW.

eerelations

"What about my vehicle?" tells me all I need to know.
Really, WHERE IS THE LIKE BUTTON??? When I read OP's response, the thought that popped into my head was "Seems like he's more interested in the car than his kids."

And while he did ask about how to serve Runaway Mom, it's entirely possible (based on his response) that he wants to serve her for misappropriation of the vehicle.

Jrmsmechanical

Let the flood gates open, thanks

Forgive me for being concerned about my credit, the car issue was a separate question, was not meant to take away concern about the welfare of the children.

I have spent years making it perfect for the benefit of my family, while she destroyed hers.

Thanks for making assumptions, my wife had a break down after losing her parents, and has spent the last 2 years in the bottom of a bottle. She is not abused, or anything like that.

Silly me for thinking that taking 4 kids and disappearing with no clothes, and not sending them to school was not ok.
I must be the crazy one.
If it is not endangerment, it should be.

One response on this forum has been helpful,
Why even respond if you are only interested in pointing fingers.

Thanks

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Forgive me for being concerned about my credit, the car issue was a separate question, was not meant to take away concern about the welfare of the children.

I have spent years making it perfect for the benefit of my family, while she destroyed hers.

Thanks for making assumptions, my wife had a break down after losing her parents, and has spent the last 2 years in the bottom of a bottle. She is not abused, or anything like that.

Silly me for thinking that taking 4 kids and disappearing with no clothes, and not sending them to school was not ok.
I must be the crazy one.

Thanks
Dude - YOU are the one who went on and on about financial/property stuff on a board set aside for kid/custody issues. So do not be surprised when we go by what you seem to feel is most important.

eerelations

Dude - YOU are the one who went on and on about financial/property stuff on a board set aside for kid/custody issues. So do not be surprised when we go by what you seem to feel is most important.
Agree. If you hadn't brought up the vehicle at least twice, we wouldn't have been able to say what wee said.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess

I must be the crazy one.

Thanks
I can see more than one response containing nothing but answers to your questions.

You're welcome.

Have a nice day.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">