• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A Father's Rights, a Step-Mother's frustration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kscorby

Mental abuse

Please bear with me, I know this is long. We are in need of some serious help. My husband has joint custody of his daughters but his ex has residential custody. Their mother emotionally abuses them and we know they live in a pig sty. We have tried to call SRS but they just blew us off. Between forcing the 15 year old to endure a virginity exam by a doctor due to an indescrection at school (we have proof of this) and telling the 9 year old that we would be picking her up for visitation (this was not true, we did not agree to this visitation), taking her to the meeting place and when we weren't there telling her that her father doesn't love her or want her, we feel this is mental abuse. She also does everything to alienate my husband's daughters from him. We can't afford an attorney because he is still paying off the lawyer fees from the custody battle as well as sending her nearly $1,000.00 a month in child support. She is very manipulative and some how knows how to work the system. She goes through spurts. Sometimes she's the best mother in the world but most of the time she does terrible things to my step-daughters. She moved them 3 hours away because the judge said she could. We have started excercising his rights concerning joint custody. Their school's didn't even know that he had these rights. We have copies of their medical records and there are statements in those that we can prove are untrue. We have gone up to their schools recently for parent teacher conferences and discovered that his oldest daughter is involved in alot of indiscretions with her boyfriend. The youngest crys everytime we have to take her back to her mother after our visitation with her. She is in continuous contempt of court but my husband is afraid of pursuing the contempt due to Kansas being a women state concerning custody. The judge in their case found that both parents were acceptable but still awarded custody to her even though she trashed him every step of the way and my husband did not say one bad word about her. She had been taking both girls to a therapist because of what she claims is their unwillingness to listen to her. Back in June we discovered that she had taken the oldest daughter to a medical doctor and told him that she was withdrawn from family and friends and sleeps all day. The doctor diagnosed her as clinically depressed and prescribed paxil, 20 mg once a day. We can't figure out why she would have a medical doctor diagnose her when the therapist she was taking her to can prescribe medication and never diagnosed her with any problems. My husbands ex was put on anti-depressants years ago but she refused to take them after her mother told her they were for crazy people. Is she trying to make my oldest stepdaughter think there is something wrong with her. What is she doing to her self-esteem? What can we do? How can we get the girls away from her? How can we get help? Do we even have a chance? There is so much more that this woman has done.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">