• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father's rights are suspended and..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CourtClerk

YOU NEED A RESTRAINING ORDER. Calling the judge will get you nowhere.
I don't know about any other jurisdiction, but when someone calls into my courtroom and says, "hello, may I speak to Judge XXX?" My response has NEVER been, "hold on, let me go get him."

You don't just call the judge.

Isis1

Restraining orders (at least temporary ones) are always done exparte:rolleyes:.... They aren't motions - and there's no reason why it can't be done tomorrow.
:eek: darn it...4 day weekends really screw with my head. i'm still on weekend mode.

so lets try this again....

file first thing WEDNESDAY morning!!

mom of 7

I would think that the judge could clarify the order regarding the school so the school knows what to do even if it's the school attorney contacting them. My ex doesn't pay any attention to restraining orders anyways (I've had them on him before and he violated them and got a slap on the hand) he believes he's above the law because he's in the army reserves and they never keep him locked up for 2 long before his mommy goes and bails him out. He had 2 domestic violence charges on him in 3 months against me got 1 year probation and they let him off of it in 2 months. SO no PPO is gonna protect anything or anyone when it comes to this man. I'll probably still get one though not like the cops do much around here though

CourtClerk

I would think that the judge could clarify the order regarding the school so the school knows what to do even if it's the school attorney contacting them.
So not only do you want to just up and call the judge, you then want the judge to contact the school and clarify the order for them too?

You want clarification of the order, you do so via a motion for clarification. Not a phone call. He's not gonna answer. In fact, he CAN'T talk to you outside of a session.

Isis1

I would think that the judge could clarify the order regarding the school so the school knows what to do even if it's the school attorney contacting them. My ex doesn't pay any attention to restraining orders anyways (I've had them on him before and he violated them and got a slap on the hand) he believes he's above the law because he's in the army reserves and they never keep him locked up for 2 long before his mommy goes and bails him out. He had 2 domestic violence charges on him in 3 months against me got 1 year probation and they let him off of it in 2 months. SO no PPO is gonna protect anything or anyone when it comes to this man. I'll probably still get one though not like the cops do much around here though

probably?? you don't probably go get one. YOU GO GET THE RESTRAINING ORDER! protect your children, help the school help you. you keep at it until something results. results don't happen the way you want as soon as you want them. you have to be persistant.

mom of 7

So not only do you want to just up and call the judge, you then want the judge to contact the school and clarify the order for them too?

You want clarification of the order, you do so via a motion for clarification. Not a phone call. He's not gonna answer. In fact, he CAN'T talk to you outside of a session.
I never said have the judge contact the school. I want the schools attorney to be able to contact him. And since you're so smart about the system you could have told me when I 1st mentioned getting the order clarified that I can file for a motion for clarification. Because that's what I will do.

mom of 7

probably?? you don't probably go get one. YOU GO GET THE RESTRAINING ORDER! protect your children, help the school help you. you keep at it until something results. results don't happen the way you want as soon as you want them. you have to be persistant.
It must be nice to NOT HAVE a Crazy psycho that obeys restraining orders and court orders and nice to live somewhere that the cops do their jobs and don't look paperwork pertaining to felony's that ended up being thrown out of court.
My Ex will not listen to the authorities,courts,pieces of paperwork or anything or anyone. He will see the kids and if he gets arrested no big deal to him cuz he will keep coming back again and again. I've been dealing with this for 2 1/ 2 years and no piece of paperwork or person has protected me but myself and my husband

CourtClerk

I never said have the judge contact the school. I want the schools attorney to be able to contact him. And since you're so smart about the system you could have told me when I 1st mentioned getting the order clarified that I can file for a motion for clarification. Because that's what I will do.
Hold on honey. I don't know where the check is that you wrote me, but I for sure haven't received it yet. Therefore, WHEN I tell you what I think you should know is entirely up to ME... because I am NOT on your payroll. Therefore, keep your attitude in your pocket and use a little bit of it to protect yourself and your child against your ex. If you had all THAT going on in the right place, you probably wouldn't be in the position you're in now.

Good luck writing that motion.... and having the school district attorney call the judge. He won't take that call either. I'll go help someone else.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Ummm no the judge will not clarify the order without you MOTIONING for the order to be clarified. That is how you contact the judge -- you file a motion with the court. With a restraining order protecting your son, he -- your ex -- can be arrested if he is at the school. You give the school something to work with.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Being arrogant and rude is not going to get you help. You have been told what to do -- I mentioned it many many posts back about getting a restraining order. If he is so crazy why did you ever bed him? How crazy were/are you?

mom of 7

Being arrogant and rude is not going to get you help. You have been told what to do -- I mentioned it many many posts back about getting a restraining order. If he is so crazy why did you ever bed him? How crazy were/are you?
I was not and am not crazy. He did not behave like that when I first met him or for a few years after He's a abusive man that can talk the talk and walk the walk to get whoever he desires to fall for him.. I have been busting my behind for a very long time to get away from him.. After I had got the divorce his family had told me horrors stories of what he had done to his first wife and he always got away with it back then too. I really am doing everything possible to protect the ones I love. I don't mean to be rude But some of you really have never dealt with this situation or this kind of person before. He can do whatever he wants and get away with it..I have filed many orders in the last 2 1/2 years against him he never complies and never spends more than a few hrs behind bars then gets a slap on the wrist every time.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I was not and am not crazy. He did not behave like that when I first met him or for a few years after He's a abusive man that can talk the talk and walk the walk to get whoever he desires to fall for him.. I have been busting my behind for a very long time to get away from him.. After I had got the divorce his family had told me horrors stories of what he had done to his first wife and he always got away with it back then too. I really am doing everything possible to protect the ones I love. I don't mean to be rude But some of you really have never dealt with this situation or this kind of person before. He can do whatever he wants and get away with it..I have filed many orders in the last 2 1/2 years against him he never complies and never spends more than a few hrs behind bars then gets a slap on the wrist every time.
I have dealt with dozens of people like your ex. The point being that there are LEGAL steps to take. You are being told the legal steps. You want to make excuses as to why you can't, won't, or shouldn't take them.

mom of 7

I will be taking the legal steps as I always have been doing for 2 1/2 years first thing in the morning. I also know it will fuel a bigger fire but I'm prepared as always. I had never said I wasn't going to I just just stating a fact because I know from experience with this man that the more I do legally the more dangerous he becomes. It's simple due to the domestic violence he's not supposed to own any guns But because he's in the military so he can and yes I have talked to his unit many times and they also have copies of all the papers. They aren't doing anything either.
But hopefully once I get all the paperwork done things will be different since we just had the election and all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">