• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father's Rights - Unborn Child - 11/16/05

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state?WA

We received a copy of the ER records from 11/5/05. We thought mom and Gma brought baby in suspecting dad of feeding formula. NOPE.

Baby was brought in with allegations that dad gave baby a sedative!! Thehospital called the police as by law but the local police department as well as the county sheriff's dept cannot find record! The hospital's "assessment" of baby was "Well Baby Visit". They did not do blood tests or anything. ???

The attorney has been contacted. But we haven't heard anything back from him yet.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what else we can do?

casa

UnbornChild said:
What is the name of your state?WA

We received a copy of the ER records from 11/5/05. We thought mom and Gma brought baby in suspecting dad of feeding formula. NOPE.

Baby was brought in with allegations that dad gave baby a sedative!! Thehospital called the police as by law but the local police department as well as the county sheriff's dept cannot find record! The hospital's "assessment" of baby was "Well Baby Visit". They did not do blood tests or anything. ???

The attorney has been contacted. But we haven't heard anything back from him yet.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what else we can do?
OMG! :eek:

Well...if the baby was acting sedated- it sure wasn't fussy, cranky and have gastrointestinal issues re; formula. :rolleyes:

I would think the fact that the hospital didn't blood test the baby- will demonstrate that the Dr. didn't suspect sedation of any kind. (wow false allegations already :( )

Just make sure son is in contact with attorney...and follow attorney's advice.

Meanwhile you can work on baby's Christmas list. :p

BelizeBreeze said:
you can do alot.

What you SHOULD do is nothing at this time. Just sit on your hands and wait.
Interesting. What COULD we do? What are we waiting for? For them to bury thenselves a bit more?

BelizeBreeze

UnbornChild said:
Interesting. What COULD we do? What are we waiting for? For them to bury thenselves a bit more?
you are waiting for your SON'S attorney to gather evidence and present his case. In the meantime you BOTH sit on your hands and do NOTHING!

casa said:
OMG! :eek:

Well...if the baby was acting sedated- it sure wasn't fussy, cranky and have gastrointestinal issues re; formula. :rolleyes:

I would think the fact that the hospital didn't blood test the baby- will demonstrate that the Dr. didn't suspect sedation of any kind. (wow false allegations already :( )

Just make sure son is in contact with attorney...and follow attorney's advice.

Meanwhile you can work on baby's Christmas list. :p
Yep. False allegations already. We will follow atty's advice, but what does this all mean in a legal sense? How will it look to the GAL? I know, I know, none of us KNOW how it will look to the GAL but what do you THINK?

I don't think the hospital suspected sedation.

casa

UnbornChild said:
Yep. False allegations already. We will follow atty's advice, but what does this all mean in a legal sense? How will it look to the GAL? I know, I know, none of us KNOW how it will look to the GAL but what do you THINK?

Depends on the GAL. Like I said before, some people will see her as being a somewhat 'typical' young, insecure Mother < :rolleyes: >...and others will see the entire sequence of events as various forms of attempting to prevent Dad's active involvement in the child's life.

You've got a strong judge- a GAL assigned- and extended family on both sides supporting Dad...that's about an ideal situation as you can hope for considering the circumstances (Unmarried, infant, out of state etc.)

LdiJ

UnbornChild said:

Whew....I am not sure that it's going to make any difference in a legal sense or matter to the GAL. Nothing went any further than an ER visit since apparently no reports were filed.

Think about it? If a parent suspects that something is going on but isn't sure, and they make a trip to the ER, and the trip results in "everything's ok"...and no reports were written...then no one was harmed.

I agree with the advice you have already been given. Provide the information to your son's attorney and do nothing else....be guided by the attorney. In fact, don't even let on to mom that your son even knows anything about this....let the attorney decide what, if anything, to reveal to the other side.

LdiJ said:
Whew....I am not sure that it's going to make any difference in a legal sense or matter to the GAL. Nothing went any further than an ER visit since apparently no reports were filed.

Think about it? If a parent suspects that something is going on but isn't sure, and they make a trip to the ER, and the trip results in "everything's ok"...and no reports were written...then no one was harmed.

I agree with the advice you have already been given. Provide the information to your son's attorney and do nothing else....be guided by the attorney. In fact, don't even let on to mom that your son even knows anything about this....let the attorney decide what, if anything, to reveal to the other side.
Okay. All sounds good. Thank you all for the advice. Attorney is calling anytime now. Will update once I am finished with him.

Attorney says do nothing.

He will forward to GAL.

He has not heard from mom's attorney regarding the letter written asking for mom to provide breast milk this weekend. He says it may be a good idea if dad copies the letter and writes a note to mom asking if she would consider pumping for the visits. Send FedEx again.

If dad dosn't do that, he is definitely going to bring a bottle with water!! Visits extend to 1.5 hours this weekend.

Thoughts?

rmet4nzkx

Absilutely don't let mom or any of her family know about this if you haven't already talked to them about it, loose lips sink ships.
My concern is that you stated that the baby was calm during the visits, but they claimed to dad that he had fed the baby formula, whereas they claimed to the ER tht baby was given a sedative by dad. My concern is that maybe they did give baby something last time hoping that the hospital would find it and call CPS so they could get dad in trouble as opposed to making a false accusation. They may not have given baby anything, maybe mom is drinking alcohol because she can't deal with this and that is sedating baby. This may also be why they are not providing the breast milk. If they were not successful last time, they may try again, this is called Factious disorder by proxy or Muchausens by proxy. It is possible that the hospital did report, but they won't release the information to you. The hospital should have reported even if there was no evidence, this would document the mother false accusations, in addition to the letters etc with reference to it. You may discuss this with the COO and get the chart flagged and test/report as needed.

If they do provide some breast milk, be sure to save some so it can be tested to alcohl or sedatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">