• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

father's rights for visitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kaecee

Hi..I hope you can help us. My Boyfriend and I have been
living together now for two years. He has a child in Fresno,
Ca.My Boyfriend didn't have to pay child support for two
years due to she got the house. My Boyfriend didn't realize
it was for two years he thought it was all the time he had
miss understood. We bought this house and he needed his
divorce papers. We got copies of them because he had lost
them. He was reading and after two years he is to pay child
support it now has been 3 years we just found out. The ex
wife had never said anything has never went to child support
enforcement or never made an issue of it. Now for two years
that I have been with my boyfriend he calls his girl on ever
holiday and birthday and we get the same story. She can't
talk she is outside,she is at a friends house, she is in the
bath tub, and last night it was his girl's birthday and we
got she is next door at her birthday party. Well if that was
infact true why wouldn't the mom be at her own daughter's
bithday party the girl just turned 7. And the time before
that we called Thanksgiving it was she was in the tub
call back in 10 mins. We did and the phone stayed busy for 3
hours plus. In two years my boyfriend only got to talk to
his girl one time for 2 mins. We asked his ex wife beginning
of Nov. if we could come out and see his girl she said yes.
Now we have the plane tickets for Mach 8-11. and we told her
this last night she then says well one day she might not
beable to spend with you because he girlfrined might be
moving away. Now who is more important here the girl's
father that never gets to see her or talk to her or the
girl's little girlfriend. We are spending tons of money just
to see her for two days. We will have to rent a car and get
motels and everything. Also the ex wife was suppose to bring
the child out to Nebraska in 1998 for visitations to see her
dad and the ex wife never did and also the ex wife has never
called my boyfriend in 5 years. Now does this not sound
like a case of a monther keeping her child away from the
father? What rights does the father have in this case and
can the father go for custody of this minor child so he can
get to know his daugher?

Thank you for all your help,

Karen

K

Kaecee

Oh ya forgot to tell you all..I am the girlfriend and I also have two children. That live with us. With the father have nothing to do with the kids. Anyways its not like we don't treat my boyfriends girl any different than mine. We send cards and money every birthday and every holiday. We jsut sent her 200.00 for xmass. 20.00 for thanksgiving..and 10.00 for Halloween. She gets just as much as my kids do. When we go to CA to see by boyfriends daughter yes we will buy new more things anything she needs we will get her. But see you all have to keep in mind my boyfriends ex wife is a spoiled brat. She was adopted and a only child of parents of Dr's. She only married my boyfriend to have a child and get a huge house built after that she wanted a divorce. Remember she never once has reported about not paying child support to ANYONE..Why she thinks if she does she will have to let my boyfriend she is girl for visitations. She thinks she runs the whole show because my boyfriend hasn't paid the child support. Her parents will put up a fight just like they did before from what I was told the amount was way over my Bf heads and couldn't afford to go no more with the courts and lawyers so he gave up..Till just recently and decided to do something about the fact she will not let him talk to his daughter as I have stated earyer. When we send money we ask that she call or e-mail us to let us know she got the money ok..She never does nor does she say Thanks. We even oftered to get his daughter a webcam so we could visit her via computer and the ex wife said they was probley going to get rid of there internet. HOG wash she don't want my boyfriend to have his rights...What to do????

M

MarlaR

You never made it clear whether or not the boyfriend/father is paying his child support now or if he has caught up on the year or two that he didn't pay due to not knowing. I know you feel as if there should be some rights to his daughter and there should be but I also feel as if he should pay his child support. Maybe that is why the mother is playing this game. I would have the father call the mother and ask what is going on, the less you call and have anything to do with it the better. Just keep in mind that this lady, no matter how spoiled or rich, is the biological mother and hopefully wants the best for her daughter. Sometimes people forget that communication is the key to alot of problems. Tell your boyfriend to call and talk to the mother and offer to start paying the child support and any arrears....maybe that is the problem.

D

deefran

Visitation and support are 2 separate issues...did the father get visitation established in his divorce decree??? If so, he can go to court and have her hauled in for contempt...but she can also turn around and do the same on any child support he owes. If visitation was never establishe he will have to petition the courts (where the divorce was finalized) and file for them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">