• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

??? Father's Rights when spouse used sperm donor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nextwife

The parental rights were only fleatingly discussed. As both an adoptive and biokid parent, and one who used very limited fertility treatments, my ears sure perked up.

Frankly, I see no sense in spending money for donor egg process (which is an adoption, anyway and often doesn't "take" until several tries, so the cost is the same or more than adoption), when there are hundreds of thousands of great kids already on this earth who need parents. I always figured if you were adopting anyway, why not an already-here kid? I mean, my genes are no bettter or worse than anyone elses, what's the big deal if my kids genes are different? It's parenting that makes you a parent . What's so wonderful about my genes that one should presume they would make my biochild more lovable to me than my Bulgarian child?

Anyway, the only referrence was the mom discussing how she explained the circumstances of her child's birth to that child, which was "I explained that ...MY HUSBAND AT THE TIME.... " which implies, "my ex" not "your dad".

And if you are still dealing with infertility, consider limiting the expense and heartbreak and pursue an international adoption. WE've never regretted it. Referrals from some countries are available almost immediately (although placement and completion take a while).

You could get a transcript from the Today Show (link through www.msnbc.com) but it won't tell you anything.

sbaldwin

Thanks! I have very healthy twin boys from our first IVF attempt, and I am VERY happy with that, and wont be needing any more treatments! I know SEVERAL people who have used donor eggs (I didn’t have to use donor anything =) and were successful on their first try. Also, as in my case, some insurance companies WILL cover infertility treatments, but NOT adoption, therefore making adoption a great deal more expensive than the IF treatments!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">