• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fighting A Woman Scorned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gia2422

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

Hello,
My husband and I are unsure of what we are to do!!!! My husbands ex just found out that we recently got married and filed for custody and child support. He was getting his son on the weekends and now she is saying that she wants full custody and supervised visitation!
Just a brief background on the situation: Once she found out that we were engaged, she text him nasty messages (which we have saved) and refused to let him talk and see him for approx. 3 months(which we can also obtain phone records, indicating attempted and failed phone calls ). Now we get married and "coincidently" she feels he needs supervised visits.
In all honesty, child support is not the issue, it is her trying to take custody of the child and subject us to supervised visitation. In the summons we received, I believe we could challenge her credibility based on what she stated and the facts. I believe her aim is pure selfish and we have records that support this theory of ours... there isn't that much coincidence in the world.
What do we do? Unfortunately, we are are not a part of the rich and famous per say and cannot afford a top notch lawyer. We basically wanted to know, if we absolutely need a lawyer. We also would like to know if we cannot afford one, what other options do we have?

Thanking you in advance,
A Maryland Hopeful

We see what people do. God sees why.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MarylandWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Banned_Princess

Have your husband answer with the facts. If he had been seeing them before each weekend or whatever, I doubt any judge will rule in moms favor.

He should go in and get a good comprehensive order set in place anyway. Its the best way to go. Why has he waited?

Doesn't matter. Set up a plan he'd like enforced and bring it to the hearing as a counter offer. Be reasonable and honest, and there will be nothing for him to worry about.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

Hello,
My husband and I are unsure of what we are to do!!!! My husbands ex just found out that we recently got married and filed for custody and child support. He was getting his son on the weekends and now she is saying that she wants full custody and supervised visitation!
Just a brief background on the situation: Once she found out that we were engaged, she text him nasty messages (which we have saved) and refused to let him talk and see him for approx. 3 months(which we can also obtain phone records, indicating attempted and failed phone calls ). Now we get married and "coincidently" she feels he needs supervised visits.
In all honesty, child support is not the issue, it is her trying to take custody of the child and subject us to supervised visitation. In the summons we received, I believe we could challenge her credibility based on what she stated and the facts. I believe her aim is pure selfish and we have records that support this theory of ours... there isn't that much coincidence in the world.
What do we do? Unfortunately, we are are not a part of the rich and famous per say and cannot afford a top notch lawyer. We basically wanted to know, if we absolutely need a lawyer. We also would like to know if we cannot afford one, what other options do we have?

Thanking you in advance,
A Maryland Hopeful

We see what people do. God sees why.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MarylandWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
WE is too many people in this equation. You have no legal basis to be involved at all, so please be mindful of that. Putting yourself in the equation can damage dad's chances for a positive resolution.

Now that that is out of the way, I suggest that dad speak to an attorney. The child's mother is taking the child's father back to court. He needs to be properly represented if he intends to have a positive outcome.

ProSeDadinMD

Are there currently any orders(of any kind) in place? How old is the child?

WE is too many people in this equation. You have no legal basis to be involved at all, so please be mindful of that. Putting yourself in the equation can damage dad's chances for a positive resolution.

Now that that is out of the way, I suggest that dad speak to an attorney. The child's mother is taking the child's father back to court. He needs to be properly represented if he intends to have a positive outcome.
I agree completely with the first paragraph, but not so much with the second(well, the last sentence, anyway).

Then again, I initiated the process the last two times we went to court, so I could be wrong...;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">