• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing an affidavit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jacoba

GA

How do I file an affidavit, declaration of facts to The Dept. of Family and Children's Services regarding potentially dangerous conditions a child is living in.

I have the document typed up I just need to know how to properly file it so the DCS has to take it seriously.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Why are you filing anything? If the child is in danger then you call their hotline and lodge a complaint. By law the complaints MUST BE investigated.

Jacoba

I have, I am in another state, TN. and I was wondering if I could file a certified affidavit it would put more weight behind my claims.

I filed the complaint via phone and I don't want them to just half ass investigate this because they think it's not real.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I have, I am in another state, TN. and I was wondering if I could file a certified affidavit it would put more weight behind my claims.

I filed the complaint via phone and I don't want them to just half ass investigate this because they think it's not real.
And they can do the same thing if you do an affidavit. Quite frankly an affidavit in this case won't do much of anything.

LdiJ

One thing that you have to understand is that "DCS" has there own standards/guidelines as to what is or isn't a problem.

They are required to investigate whether you send them an affidavit or whether you make an anonymous phone call.

They are going to investigate and make a determination, and you sending them an affidavit isn't going to make their determination come out any differently than if you don't.

Jacoba

Thanks for all the replies, I'm just grasping at straws I feel powerless at this point and no one seems to want to help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">