• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

filing contempt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brebre

What is the name of your state?virginia.......i am the ncp(father) who has joint visitation w/ my 3 kids ages 9,11and 13,,,this past xmas,,the cp didn't send them when she was supposed to, due the fact that there plane tickets were purchased..i am going to file contempt charge against the cp this week coming,,i was just wondering being that the cp didn't send them 04' xmas can i file something for me to get my kids this christmas coming? i have had previous tape recording btwn the cp & myself to where she has stated that she does not want me to have anything to do w/my kids,,,,i am going to present this my atty as interference but the sad thing w/ this is that the cp has told my kids that i never intended for them to come at xmas time this was my holiday visit...there plane tickets, that was purchased since Nov.04..and is nonfundable..is there anything else that i can ask for? because i am order to pay for plane tickets or drive to Louisiana to pick them up..

BL

Ask your attorney to request " sanctions ". One being attorney fee , another the cost of the plane tickets , and any other sanctions the court deem fit .

Also, consider a Modification.

In the modification ask for more time , ask for 1/2 or all the travel expenses be paid by the CP for visits.

Request Orders that State , neither Parent or their guest will speak Derogatorily in front of or to the children , about each other .

The other option is to request a change in Custody .

brebre

court order

i am very sorry about the double post i didn't think it went thru the first time..as a matter of fact my court order does state that neither parent can speak bad about one another to the kids which i have never done or will do..my kids are old enough to know who is doing what,,,she has even stop me from speaking to my kids whenever i call.my 13yrs has a cell phone why its beyond me...but i do not even have her #...she has that life style that she has different men around my 2 girls they have told me this before,,,so i will ask my atty to file for custody... i knew that i could or can probably get the money back for the tickets but i didn't know that i could or can ask for the cp pay for 1/2 of the expenses..when this was brought up before about the kids visiting me the cp stated that there visit to me was not in her budget,,well she needs to add this to the things to do list,,,thanks for the reply

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">