• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filthy Lice Conditions at Mothers House

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sweetnspicy1201

Ohio: My boyfriend lives in Cincinnati, Ohio. He has a 7 year old daughter he's had full custody of for 6 years. The mother has visitation rights every other weekend. She doesn't go over to the moms' house every weekend-more like once every 2 months. The mother lives in Kentucky and is on welfare. Every time the daughter visits her mothers' home she gets lice. The daughter has been sent home from school 4 times in the last 2 school years for lice. She has gotten lice far more times than that the last 2 years. He was able to get rid of it before the school found the lice most of the time. My boyfriend said he doesn't have money for a lawyer to take away the mothers' visitation rights. Will the school eventually report the daughter to the health department or social services if she keeps getting sent home for lice? Would the daughter end up in foster care if the school reports it? How likely is the school to report this? How much and what kind of trouble can my boyfriend get into? Would they say he's an unfit father and take his daughter away? Is there anything he can do to keep his daughter away from her mothers' lice-ridden house? Thank You.

Silverplum

Ohio: My boyfriend lives in Cincinnati, Ohio. He has a 7 year old daughter he's had full custody of for 6 years. The mother has visitation rights every other weekend. She doesn't go over to the moms' house every weekend-more like once every 2 months. The mother lives in Kentucky and is on welfare. Every time the daughter visits her mothers' home she gets lice. The daughter has been sent home from school 4 times in the last 2 school years for lice. She has gotten lice far more times than that the last 2 years. He was able to get rid of it before the school found the lice most of the time. My boyfriend said he doesn't have money for a lawyer to take away the mothers' visitation rights. Will the school eventually report the daughter to the health department or social services if she keeps getting sent home for lice? Would the daughter end up in foster care if the school reports it? How likely is the school to report this? How much and what kind of trouble can my boyfriend get into? Would they say he's an unfit father and take his daughter away? Is there anything he can do to keep his daughter away from her mothers' lice-ridden house? Thank You.
We find that it is you, not Dad, who is concerned about the lice.

When Dad is concerned, or Mom, then one of them will post.

Have a nice day. :)

Antigone*

Does the child's father know that you are airing out HIS dirty laundry on the interwebs?

Proserpina

What I will say though, that social services will look to Dad first, given that he's the primary parent.

And especially since kiddo only sees Mom - according to this OP - what, 6 times a year?

(No, I'm not buying the "only 6 times a year" nor am I buying that kiddo comes back EVERY SINGLE TIME with lice)

Maybe OP and Dad should be checking out Dad's house?

OHRoadwarrior

Here are some home remedies popular for treatment. You might try them prior to her going (oil based) and immediately after she returns.

Treatment with vinegar is probably one of the most popular. Wash your hair with vinegar. It will kill nits in two days. Apply coconut oil to your head after shampoo and condition. Add ten to fifteen drops of tea tree oil into shampoo bottle and use daily. Rub listerine mouth wash on your head. This will kill all the lice. Massage your head with mayonnaise and comb it after 2 hours. This will kill all the lice and their eggs.

Just Blue

Sorry. Your post does not make sense. Please have the father ask his own question regarding his OWN issue. Also please read the "sticky" at the top of the custody forum. Thanks!

DownTime

Also re lice: Use a warm hairdryer on her head daily. Put her hair up and spray the nape and hair with hairspray before school.

Get into a routine of checking for nits before school or the school is going to.

Antigone*

Also re lice: Use a warm hairdryer on her head daily. Put her hair up and spray the nape and hair with hairspray before school.

Get into a routine of checking for nits before school or the school is going to.
That is a great idea DownTime. Since this girlfriend is so concerned I'm sure she'd be glad to help dad with his little one's issue.:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">