• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

finding correct forms to fill out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Indianahttp//www.geocities.com/lisaparker18/

I am in the process of handling my own case in modification of child custody. My chances are better than great. does any one have a clue as to where I can find the correct forms to fill out for Temporary Custody Depending outcome to Petition to Modify Custody and also a form for requesting a GAL, My case is out of Hamilton County Indiana and all the forms I have found are in a sense useless. My original form was a Petition to Modify Custody and I wrote that out my self and did well, I have written out a Temporary form but someone told me it was to detailed and another said it was fine. I would put it on this board but I am not sure that, that is allowed. Can anyone help?

K

kathef

try these

Hi I would suggest you talk to a court facilitator. They are there to assit pro se people such as yourself. You can go to this web site for Colorado and see the forms. It's a great site and should be helpful. K www.courts.state.co.us and once there click on self help on left - good luck You can do it !

I have spoke to the County Clerk and they sure are rude. According to her there is nothing they can or even will do to help me to locate the exact proper forms. Which I do understand their view point on it they say " Since you are acting as your own attorney, then you must do all of your own research like an attorney" but geesh they don't have to be snotty lol. Any way I have a total different opinion for attorneies now, I bless them. If I would have had the money I would most definatly hire one, As I said in earlier post I have typed up my own but I've been told two different stories about them One person said to long to detailed, the other person said just write, I would really like to have an expert or semi-expert to look at it and tell me truthfully if it is possibly the correct. Again I can attatch them If it is alright with this board

HomeGuru

Hire an attorney for something as important as child custody matters. Otherwise you may end up having a user name doittoyourself.

I wish I had the money to hire an attorney, Let me give the layout here and my belief that I have a very strong case.

Court November 1999: Your Honour I am an active drug addict and at this time am unable to care properly for my child, I am requesting that her father recieve custody at this time due to that fact.
Father: Your Honour I would like custody for now and Lisa can have daughter back when she is clean and have proof:
Judge: It is so ordered custody shall be given to father.

That is the short version, of that court hearing I can get transcripts of htat hearing to prove that.

June 6 2002, I live in Nashville Tennessee 300 miles away from child, father sends child back to live with me (THank God) not knowing if I am clean or not, not even doing anything to find out, (I am clean at this point). I register child in school there. October 6 2002 I move back to Indiana due to drug dealers moving across the street I move to get away from that, I transfered daughters school from Nashville TN to Linton IN. Father is informed of my moving back to Indy and the reason why I move back. Father still does nothing to try to take daughter, except send me numerous e-mails saying if I don't do what he says then he will come and get her.

March 4, 2003. I file Petition to Modify in Hamilton County. Father states to Judge that mother is drug addict and that is why he is refusing mother custody of said child, then also states that mother never keeps him informed of schools matters, when the Judge ask father if he has problem with daughter staying with mom to finish the school year father then states that he has no problem with that since daughter is doing so well in school.

At this point father has refused to pick daughter up and refused to help with any medical bills or any other expenses I have that documented in e-mails. Now he is saying that he is the one that has always came and picked child up and brought her back to me. I have many witeness and statements saying that, that is just not true. He is also trying to say that he is the one that has always been responsible for my daughter. The fact of that is, is that he denied paternity until daughter was 7 years of age. he had her a total of 2 1/2 years and refused me to see her throughout that time. He is not only truying to use my adiction against me but is now trying to use and old drug case against me that I was found not guilty on, but yet he spent 3 years in prison for attempting to sell hash, and pot (can't spell MARj). I have done very well on my own case thus far with help of people like the ones on this board. So as far as an attorney again I wish I had the money to hire one but I don't. My basis on regaining custody are that father sent child to live with me 300 miles away not know if I was still using or not and he sent her to live with me over a year ago. This could go on and on, Could any one give me any advice on all this. Do you think my chances are good?

what's happening

I have tried the free counsel and in Hamilton County there isn't any. I also contacted the Legal Aid and they are the ones that showed me how to do the forms myself but because their wasn't violence involved then they couldn't help me either. Since this case has been throught the court system before then there is no court cost or filing fees. My daughter is 12 years old now and wnats to live with me. Her father never went out of his way to see her before she went to live with him and he has not went out of his way after she came back home, but yet he blames me that he didn't get to see her, what a joker. I never put her father down nor her step-mother. My daughter came to live with me June 6, 2002. She was supposed to go to his house for the summer as soon as she got out of school. which was May 21 2003. She called him on May 22 and he yelled at her for not calling him as soon as she got out of school she told him " But dad I am calling". He ordered me to have her up to Indianapolis by 6:00 p.m. May 23. And then not an hour later he sent me an e- mail telling me that he did not want her there until June 5 becasue his other daughter wasn't out of school yet. Why couldn't he have just spent time with Rachel. Anyway about 2 months ago she told me of an incident that had happened at her fathers 3 years ago and I called Child Protection to report it, (His brother fondeled her) I also called her father to let him know, his reply was that she was only saying that to get attention which is his usual thing to say he has another daughter that is 14 that has tried to comitt suicide 3 times and he also said she is just trying to get attention. Well we go to court on July 17 for The modification and he has now decided to come and get rachel. He brought the police but Rachel still refused to go. I asked the officer to please talk to her and he did. She told the officer (while crying and begging him not to make her go) that her step mother was very mean to her and called her names. The officer then talked to dad and informed him of why my daughter did not want to go. Now I have a statement from the officer telling the Judge exactly what happend because father is saying that I refused him his child which was not true and The police officer that he called is willing to back that up. Now her father thinks that he has nothing to worry about. This whole case is very ugly and getting worse, I feel like I'm not going to make it sometimes but I seem to somehow, I am just worried now that daughter is with dad he is changing schedules so htat I don't get my visits and refusing to let me talk to her He thinks he is going to change her mind about wanting to be with me. Gosh I hope not. I apoligize for this being so long.

I just want to say thank you Cheif Almighty you have been wonderful and yes I can produce the proof to show my sobriety and absolutly no incident. Since my sobriety I have been awarded a Trophy and medal and been introduced to the Poets Hall of Fame. I have done article for the local paper on addiction and spousal abuse. (Another relationship) I am also trying to get not-for-profit status on a new site that a few parents Including myself for INDIANA PRO_SE PARENTS. it is parents helping parents but it is still in it's building stages. I will gladly take all the advice I can get so please everyone don't stop there lol. I just wanted to say thank you so much and GOD Bless all. And for the person that thinks drug addicts are worthles human beings that don't deserve to live you are the one that have no morals some of us addicts become active members of society and do everything we can to help others not only that we also have the experience that hopefully you never will because it is people like you that would be the ones to commit murder or suicide because you couldn't handle it. On the other hand it is people like my self that consider ther hardship and take all that and try to help others. And I truely hope you read this.

HomeGuru

ChiefAlmighty said:
http://www.the-facts.com/Forms.htm#Indiana

Try this site. It has a form to request waiver of filing fees. I still can't find one for asking the court to appoint an attorney for "poor person" ( Indigent individual ) = has assetts under the poverty level .

**A: what word is assetts?

You may be able to request this appointment for free councel on your first appearance or writtings,then the court may direct you where to go for a screening.

**A: what word is councel? What word is writtings?

I'm not sure how that works in IN.,but maybe another poster does.

The mentioned site does have, under forms,one for waiver of filing fees, but If your eligible & entitled to Free legal services ,that should be covered anyway.

As far as you having been sent the child to care for. I think it would be hard pressed for BF to now bring up your addiction.
The court would want to know his abilities to make the right choices for " The childs' best Interest".

If you can document your sobriety and attempts to/or better your life,and the caring of the child for a period of time w/ no insidents. That would/should look favorable to you.
**A: what word is insidents?

CMSC

HomeGuru said:
**A: what word is insidents?
ChiefAlmighty, you really should stop spelling the same words wrong, you post exactly like Terry7, whom you seem to back up quite a bit. It's is getting a little creepy, could you all pick one name and stick with it?

M

mrseld

Hey ChiefAlmighty: I've been watchng our threads and I happen to think you're a pretty smart guy! Not too many people like me around here. It's nice to know I'm not the only one getting picked on. If I had a problem, I'd DEFINATELY ask you.

Try to lower that blood pressure, remember?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
mrseld said:
Hey ChiefAlmighty: I've been watchng our threads and I happen to think you're a pretty smart guy! Not too many people like me around here. It's nice to know I'm not the only one getting picked on. If I had a problem, I'd DEFINATELY ask you.

Try to lower that blood pressure, remember?
I thought you didn't like profanity? That was certainly more full of it than the posts that got you pissy. And when you refer people to certain posters, at least try to get their handles right, eh? It helps the posters you're referring.

M

mrseld

To MommaTiger:

You are now on my IGNORE list. It's none of your business what other posters I refer people to. You're just jealous b/cause I didn't refer them to you.

As for who I like and think is smart.....I like ChiefAlmighty because he always has informed and intelligent answers. I complained about the profanity in the other posts because it was directed at me. His use of words was NOT DIRECTED at me; therefore, it was none of my business just like what you said just to be saying something about me was NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. You just wanted to butt in b/cause you're still irritated about what I was saying a couple of days ago and b/cause you like to read your own posts. MOVE ON.

Don't drag me into your personal feelings about someone's post.

At least when I speak ABOUT someone in a post, I'm directing them to who I think is best at answering their questions. In case you're wondering, I also like Lil Miss Smarty Pants (did I spell it right?), and a few others.

So be sure and reply, but be sure to know that you might as well talk ABOUT me instead of TO me. You're post is blocked from reaching me.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Nah, I really don't care. But I do care when you give people incorrect or incomplete information, sweetheart.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Originally posted by mrseld on 6/25/03 - -

"There is no love lost between me and IAAL, but I can assure you, he is right. He is quite knowledgable."

M

mrseld

Since you are posting your compliment everywhere, you are definately proud of it. But you neglect to place on there what post that followed. I posted that to someone who had a legal question and you gave them a professional non-judgemental answer. I give credit where credit is due.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">