• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Finding of Fact or Conclusion of Law?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrmagoo

What is the name of your state? VA
CSE agency recently dismissed a case in my favor regarding child support arrearages. Would like to know if I can file a finding of fact or conclusion of law or something similiar in a civil court compeling them to provide something to that effect.

I would like to have something official I can produce in the event my ex-wife decides to visit another CSE agency and claim the same thing. It would save me a lot of hassles and headaches and not to mention the lawyer fees. thanks!

Last edited:

VeronicaGia

My guess here is that you need a copy of the dismissal. You proved your case, you need evidence that it was proven.

H

hexeliebe

Hey gizzy, welcome back.

I agree with VG however have you even tried the CSE website to download a copy of your case?

Try: http://www.dss.state.va.us/family/dcse.html

In the first paragraph there is a link to "check your case information". Click on this and it will ask you Case Number and PIN. If you don't know this information you can reach CSE by clicking on the menu item to the left "DCSE District Offices" and finding your local district office.

mrmagoo

VeronicaGia, you are so on the mark with that comment. That's exactly what I'm trying to get. Hexeliebe, Happy New Year to
you too. Thanks for the information about the website, but I have been there and done that. I have that info already.

Here's the 411: NC CSE initiated the arrearages based on an affidavit filed by ex. Because I live in VA, it was sent to VA CSE. I filed an appeal and the case was dismissed in my favor but all VA CSE sent me was a letter from their office stating that the case was dismissed.

They never gave back my tax return they intercepted, nor did they remove the arrearages from my credit file. I disputed it with the credit bureaus myself, and when the bureaus contacted them they deleted the accounts. Go figure, all I'm try to get is exactly what VeronicaGia said something in written from VA CSE stating that "arrearages claimed from this period thru this period" and amounting to this was proven false and that I don't owe the arrearages. If I have something in written from them, I can show this the next time my ex goes to another CSE office, and believe I know she will. Its just a matter of time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">