• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced Custody???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gambrell79

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I am a single mother in the middle of moving to North Carolina with my 7 year old son. I heard that there was a way to force temporary custody on his dad until I become in a stable enviornment. Is this true? A friend of mine said that she had to do that to her daughters father because she is in the military. If so, how do I go about doing this?

I'm curious to know why you need to "force custody" on someone else just to make a move? Why not take your son with you. Children experience moving all the time. Just think, if you were married to his father and were moving, you'd have to take him with you....

There would be no one else to "force" custody on. We can't all send our kids away anytime we make changes. That's not reality.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

gambrell79 said:

I am a single mother in the middle of moving to North Carolina with my 7 year old son. I heard that there was a way to force temporary custody on his dad until I become in a stable enviornment. Is this true? A friend of mine said that she had to do that to her daughters father because she is in the military. If so, how do I go about doing this?

My response:

You know, if you can't handle parenthood and need to "get yourself together" without your child, there are plenty of Orphanages who will take your child and adopt your child out to loving parents. That way, you can deal with your alcohol and drug addictions, get yourself together, and never have to worry about your child again. But then, you'll probably breed again to make up for that whole in your heart.

IAAL

T

tigger2two

I agree with everyone else. We DO HAVE KIDS here in NC too you know. And even have good schools. Why would you want to force your child off on anyone? THAT IS YOUR SON!! Act like it.

T

tigger2two

SORRY IM GOING TO VENT A SECOND>>>> We are all here trying to learn the laws to hold on to our kids and fight tooth and nail for them. Then some wacko shows up wanting to know how to FORCE custody on someone???? Just pisses me off to no end. Sorry.

rmet4nzkx

gambrell79 said:

A friend of mine said that she had to do that to her daughters father because she is in the military.
Today women continue to serve in the military after childbirth so there are times when they may be deployed or in the event of death. Guardians are appointed prior to the necessity, this is different than what your are asking but what may have been the case with your firend. Both my son and DIL were in the Army together, I was the appointed Guardian in the event that both were deployed at the same time. During their tours, both were deployed at different times, each one becomming the primary care giver while the other was deployed, I never had to assume guardianship.

Please if you are uncertain about your future, please consider your child's best interest. If your child has a visitation schedule with their father and shared custody you should be able to schedule visitation during a move, but if you are so unstable as to require a change in custody, try to remember to do that in a way that doesn't over stress your child.

VeronicaGia

gambrell79 said:

Has paternity been legally established by dad signing the birth certificate or signing an acknowledgement of paternity? Were you two married when the child was born?

Are there custody orders in effect now?

Why not just ask dad if he wants temporary custody? Is there some reason you have to "force" him to take custody?

TNBSMommy

How sad, I would never "force" my children on ANYONE!! If dad didn't take them willingly, I wouldnt want him too. And just remember, it is easier to give up custody, than to get it back!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">