• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Friendly visit from CPS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moe248

CPS and warrents

We were advised by counsel that if they want to come out and you refuse that OUR court is pretty lenient on the CPS side of things and will generally issue a warrant. They would rather error on the side of caution.

Not knowing WHY cps wanted to come it was hard to be sure if they would/could get one.

Mom is beyond angry with dad and they only speak through attorneys at the moment, so it was a concern of ours as well as the atty's that mom may have been trying to sling mud during the visit to her home. She has done a bunch of mud slinging through the 4yr old (just about us) telling her we are bad and trying to make her never see her mommy again, that she shouldn't like me (why me im not sure as I'm not in court with her filing for custody etc) telling her that our rules don't matter that she can do what she wants and that Mom will "fix" us so that we are bang dead/and or spank us etc.... That being said someone who would say that to a 4yr old and frighten her to tears probably would be willing to say anything to anyone... Even CPS.

Again the atty advised that we speak with CPS but keep our guards up if it looked like an investigation rather than a friendly visit.

The atty did ask us a lot of questions about our home, etc etc etc before she told us to let them come, Im guessing she was looking for reasons we might fail and if she had felt there was a risk of a bad visit she would have told us to deny entry. The atty ask about cleanliness, toys, clothing, food, if water lights gas etc were all in working order etc.

In the end a good visit only affirms that we are good people who provide good care for his daughter. Even if her visit didn't go badly (they still won't talk to dad about her visit) a positive visit at our home only proves on paper that he is a good dad living in a safe loving home. It cuts all arguments about the quality of our home right off at the knees.

OK Subject Artemis. My post was not anti-government; it was pro-freedom.

I guess you let in any government employee into your house.. RIGHT. When the time comes... you'll follow my sound advice or cower like a subject???

I've kicked out politicians going door to door, local police, federal agents, assessors, etc.. and I am still a free person & nothing ever happened due to my booting them off my land.

You point would be to allow searches w/o warrants .. this will result in arrests for laws that the folks did not even know existed. They'll learn the hard way from you advice of allowing the government employees free access to their dwelling & property.

How may people on this board REGRET "cooperating" with government employees. Too many to count.
Off topic, this reminds me off that one thread where the father was making all sorts of loosy goose statements about the government even when he was in court...;)

summerdawn

I haven't read this whole thread, and I am NOT a legal expert, but I have dealt with CPS personally and I worked with ladies trying to get their children back from government custody for several years as a mentor through a rehabilitation center in our state.

I would throw the beer out completely. 1 can, 5 cans, who cares? Just throw it out to be on the safe side. CPS can really exaggerate things in their reports. I have actually been told by certain workers that it is kind of a wild card-some workers will be really honest and upfront, and other can greatly blow things out of proportion. If they don't ask you about drinking, don't offer them any info about it, even when it is only done socially.

CSO286

I haven't read this whole thread, and I am NOT a legal expert, but I have dealt with CPS personally and I worked with ladies trying to get their children back from government custody for several years as a mentor through a rehabilitation center in our state.

I would throw the beer out completely. 1 can, 5 cans, who cares? Just throw it out to be on the safe side. CPS can really exaggerate things in their reports. I have actually been told by certain workers that it is kind of a wild card-some workers will be really honest and upfront, and other can greatly blow things out of proportion. If they don't ask you about drinking, don't offer them any info about it, even when it is only done socially.
Your post is a day late and a dollar short. OP already had her visit and had no problems at all. Pleae do read the entire thread to make sure you are posting relevent info before clicking that little "submit reply" button.

K?;)

summerdawn

Your post is a day late and a dollar short. OP already had her visit and had no problems at all. Pleae do read the entire thread to make sure you are posting relevent info before clicking that little "submit reply" button.

K?;)
I noticed after I posted it. I still say, in most places where I have dealt with CPS, the beer would be gone. Please excuse me for posting after the fact. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">