• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Frustration of child visitation rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCBurton

My son's mother has continued denying both electronic and physical visitations so as an alternative until the motion to show cause is heard I have been visiting him at school on his lunches which is allowed. Today the principle phoned and advised me I could not eat lunch with him because it was visitation and mother objected. Do I have any recourse that would allow my continued visits? My argument is this is a school activity and my joint order should allow unrestricted access..

I have been in contact with his teacher who agrees my visits are not adversely impacting him. The principle welcomes any information he can turn over to allow my visits.

So are there any case laws that will help? His belief is that is considered visition which I can do only per my order.

His birthday is a next weekend and I would love to see him for it.

JWBAD

Is there an order preventing you from seeing the child?
It doesn't sound like it if you are calling the cops reporting mother for denying "visitation".

You have joint custody yes? The principle is denying you access to your child based on the mothers word only?
Where is Mom's proof that you are not allowed to see your child? Why don't you ask the principle that question.

Pick you kid up from school in the morning and excuse them for the day. You need parenting time after this much time away from your kid bro. Take them to the water park an arcade or whatever and have a great day with them. Return them to the mother when you are done.

Also stop visiting your kid. Parents don't visit their kids. Parents exercise parenting time.

Last edited:
It doesn't sound like it if you are calling the cops reporting mother for denying "visitation".

You have joint custody yes? The principle is denying you access to your child based on the mothers word only?
Where is Mom's proof that you are not allowed to see your child? Why don't you ask the principle that question.

Pick you kid up from school in the morning and excuse them for the day. You need parenting time after this much time away from your kid bro. Take them to the water park an arcade or whatever and have a great day with them. Return them to the mother when you are done.

Also stop visiting your kid. Parents don't visit their kids. Parents exercise parenting time.
I would advise against this! Have you showed the principal your paperwork from the court showing joint legal? If not kindly do so and also print your state law for him of the type of custody u have.

mommyanme

Your advice is pure ignorance, you need to stop giving advice! You're telling him to ruin his own case.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
My son's mother has continued denying both electronic and physical visitations so as an alternative until the motion to show cause is heard I have been visiting him at school on his lunches which is allowed. Today the principle phoned and advised me I could not eat lunch with him because it was visitation and mother objected. Do I have any recourse that would allow my continued visits? My argument is this is a school activity and my joint order should allow unrestricted access..

I have been in contact with his teacher who agrees my visits are not adversely impacting him. The principle welcomes any information he can turn over to allow my visits.

So are there any case laws that will help? His belief is that is considered visition which I can do only per my order.

His birthday is a next weekend and I would love to see him for it.
If they would allow mother to eat lunch with him, they cannot deny you that contact without a restraining order denying you. That is statute -- 3109.051 (H)(I)(J) -- tell the principal they have no right to deny you if they would allow mother.

JWBAD

Why? By all means show the court order for joint custody, but absent a court order denying him parenting time and access to his child there is no reason he should be able to take his child from school for 1 day to get some parenting time.

He has been denied parenting time for about 2 months. He has joint legal decision making. His child deserves to see his father.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Please quit. EXCUSE the child for the day? Are you insane? Knock it off. that will get OP in trouble majorly. So shut up unless you totally comprehend the law and know the issues associated with it. What law can you quote? I can quote several and do so properly. Until you can do the same, shut up.

mommyanme

Why? By all means show the court order for joint custody, but absent a court order denying him parenting time and access to his child there is no reason he should be able to take his child from school for 1 day to get some parenting time.

He has been denied parenting time for about 2 months. He has joint legal decision making. His child deserves to see his father.
And he has contempt proceedings filed! Removing the child on Mom's time would have contempt filed on him, 2 wrongs don't make a right.:rolleyes:
Joint decision making doesn't entitle him to removing the child from school.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

You are totally trying to get this parent in trouble. KNOCK IT OFF. What Ohio law supports your advice? (i.e. NONE) You are a moron.

Silverplum

You're here to ask basic family law questions. What on earth makes you think you have the knowledge to provide valid advice to another? Stop, because you're doing harm instead of good. Sit back and read and learn.

JWBAD

Ok, I will sit back and learn.

Sorry to open my mouth and insert foot. I was wrong to offer advice.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Ok, I will sit back and learn.

Sorry to open my mouth and insert foot. I was wrong to offer advice.
Yes, yes you were. You could have caused this father to LOSE custody. In Ohio. Where I am licensed to practice. Where I am a GAL. Where I litigate domestic/juvenile cases. SHUT UP. Don't open your mouth with ludicrous advice. Do NOT state he should remove his children from school. SHUT UP.

JWBAD

Yes, yes you were. You could have caused this father to LOSE custody. In Ohio. Where I am licensed to practice. Where I am a GAL. Where I litigate domestic/juvenile cases. SHUT UP. Don't open your mouth with ludicrous advice. Do NOT state he should remove his children from school. SHUT UP.
As I said I was wrong, I can admit that. I made a mistake. I am here to learn and will not offer advice EVER again.

Just Blue

As I said I was wrong, I can admit that. I made a mistake. I am here to learn and will not offer advice EVER again.
Why you would offer advice to a member in Ohio, when you don't even know the custody law for your own state, is curious. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">