• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

gaining full custody or at least temperary emergency custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

keithf

What is the name of your state? Kentucky
my x and i have had shared and now joint custody for the past couple years where she now is custodial and I am non custodial with the time split being very close to 50/50. Last October my ex's boyfriend, formerly convicted of domestic violance agenst a woman, beat my x up. luckily my 6 yr old daughter was with me that day. The x wife filed charges & EPO and everything was fine till this week. Tuesday of this week I learned the x wife has moved the abuser back in with her. Is there any way I can file for emergency custody to get my daughter out of a possibly explosive situation? Currently, I have a job, but am not makeing much money at this time resulting in a lawyer not being an option. Could CPS be a help to me, and how do i get them involved without them thinking i'm just a disgruntled father? Please help any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">