• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

GAL Report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

We will be 7 weeks out tomorrow, and I am about to go crazy with the wait.

Dad has taken the thought that since it has been so long, no way will the kids come with me. So things are getting worse in the home. My daughter is now terribly depressed because dad is angry with her, he told her the rape was her fault and it makes him mad that he is now driving her to therapy. To make matters worse my daughter told her therapist what dad said, and the therapist tried to talk to dad about it.. leading to daughter being grounded.

My son is still using drugs, and is now hanging out with gang members, his sister is very concerned about his safety and of course my ex will not get on the phone with me to discuss any of this.

Dad was given notice that they have to be out of the rental they are in by April 1st. And they don't have the money to find another place since he lost his employment last October. My kids have told me they are worried about where they will live and what they will do.

Is there anything that can be done at this point to make this go any faster.
Have you talked to your attorney about what is going on with the kids? Your attorney could possibly get things moved along.

futuredust

So my attorney told me on Friday that he had seen the judge, and politely asked when we might hear something on our case. The judge said he had ruled and we would should hear in three days.

When I talked to the kids tonight they said that they are probably moving back to TN, this week. This is out of the blue, and the ex has been very vocal about never moving back to TN.

So now I am worried, and possibly a little paranoid. I have read in my year of combing the internet for cases and information, that judges have ruled that the CP must move back to the home state in order to keep custody.

Has anyone heard of this happening in recent years?

I have to question the sudden move, and what the order will say, exactly. Of course I will not know until sometime this week. I was told by the court clerk to call her Monday morning so she can tell me if she got it from the judge, and what it says.

The kids were limited on their conversation because the were forced to sit next to dad and step for the call this time. I could tell something was wrong, and then my daughter told me that step hit my son in the face pretty hard today, and they were not allowed to talk to me alone, for fear I would find out. Of course when ex heard her, she was told to hang up then and there, he needed his phone.

futuredust

The hitting is documented, by police reports, the GAL and testimony at trial.

My son cannot use his dads phone to call anyone not approved prior by dad. They do not have a house phone, so that the kids cannot make or receive calls unless it is under their supervision and permission.

CPS has been to their house, the case worker told the children that parents have the right to hit them. They are not abused and if they have to come out again they will press charges against Me for harassment.

My daughter will tell her school counselor tomorrow.

CPS is a joke there.. there is a police report where step mom hit my daughter in the face not once but three times, while screaming at her. When she went to hit her again my daughter put her arm up to block another hit to her face. Step mom claims she was fearful for her own safety and then grabbed her by the neck slamming her into the wall choking and telling her she would kill her.

CPS said it was a custody issue..

So yes they know they can call, and they know nothing will be done. When CPS leaves they will get hit with a belt for opening their mouths.

tornado88

I guess I need to go back and read you history, but why would a judge award you custody of the youngest and oldest but NOT the middle child? It doesn't sound to me like any of them need to be with him unsupervised.

When do you get to bring them home? I hope it is today and I hope you get the middle child as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">