• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting custody of grandson

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Michel White

My grandson came to live with us one year ago. When he got here(because of his mother being sent to prison on drug charges) he was addicted and I mean addicted to somas to go to sleep, happy pills(his words) to wake up, riddlin(sp?),and he was a devout liquor drinker and also smoked marajuana(sp?)and spent his 11 years of life in a retarded class(litterally!). now she id being released from prison in june and wants to get him back and my son is going to let her because he feels sorry for her. I don't! Please tell me how to proceed with getting some kind of rights to stop this beautiful child from falling through the systems again!

LegalBeagle

Michel White said:
My grandson came to live with us one year ago. When he got here(because of his mother being sent to prison on drug charges) he was addicted and I mean addicted to somas to go to sleep, happy pills(his words) to wake up, riddlin(sp?),and he was a devout liquor drinker and also smoked marajuana(sp?)and spent his 11 years of life in a retarded class(litterally!). now she id being released from prison in june and wants to get him back and my son is going to let her because he feels sorry for her. I don't! Please tell me how to proceed with getting some kind of rights to stop this beautiful child from falling through the systems again!
All you can do is petition the courts for custody (you should have done this the moment she was locked up) with her having supervised visitation due to the drug use etc. If you have proof of the way the child was, it will make it a lot easier to win.. but, the problem is that the child wants to go, and that will weaken your case and cause problems for you if he resents you from stopping him..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">