• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting my parental rights back in CA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beeflower

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california
Hello I gave up my parental rights voluntarily 3 months after my daughter was born. Her father now has full custody of her and supports her. I had no intrest in my child and was planning on leaving the country at the time I signed the court forms. I now want my parental rights back is there any hope for me. The father and I are on speaking terms and he lets me see her when ever possible. But I still want my rights back. Can somebody help?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california
Hello I gave up my parental rights voluntarily 3 months after my daughter was born. Her father now has full custody of her and supports her. I had no intrest in my child and was planning on leaving the country at the time I signed the court forms. I now want my parental rights back is there any hope for me. The father and I are on speaking terms and he lets me see her when ever possible. But I still want my rights back. Can somebody help?
Was your child adopted? Did you actually give up parental rights or just the rights of visitation/custody at the time? If the latter, you can file for visitation and expect that it will most likely be a graduated schedule depending on how old the child is and how often you have seen her.

beeflower

Parental Rights Ca

I did give up all parental rights, no she is not adopted nor is the father married. I see her only because the father lets me...do I have any hope she is 9 months old now.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I did give up all parental rights, no she is not adopted nor is the father married. I see her only because the father lets me...do I have any hope she is 9 months old now.
Was CSB involved? If she was not involved and CSB was not involved I highly doubt your parental rights were terminated. You need to reread the paperwork.

LdiJ

California confuses me. DCFS -- okay. I will remember.
Heck...it varies so much from state to state it wouldn't be suprising if any of us ever got it right for any state other than our own.

CSB, CPS, DCFS, DCFYS, DFS, and so on and so on.

beeflower

California

No cps was not involved, i signed the court papers giving her father full custody, relinqishing my rights and even visitations voluntarily. Now i want them back. Is there hope for me in california?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">