• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting Papers Signed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

victmich

What is the name of your state? tx

As many of you know already I had a hearing back in December for a modification of our visitation schedule - I am the NCP mother of a 9 year old daughter.

The modification went well and it was my attorneys job to type up the papers. She did so and fowarded a copy to me to review and sign. She and I signed the signature page and the papers were fowarded to my ex's attorney. This was back in February. Since then my ex's attorney has "lost", "misplaced", etc. the papers at least on 3 separate occasions.

How long is long enough? It has been 6 months since we "proved it up" in front of the judge yet we still have no judges signature. My ex had been following the "new" orders that should be in place up untill mothers day weekend when he decided that what we agreed on was not really what we had agreed on just to be a jerk and not let her come over I assume so that his wife could play mom that day. Mind you he waited untill Wednesday afternoon to start pulling that crap so there was not much that could be done according to my attorney.

Anyway, I have not been able to get ahold of my attorney since the Friday before mothers day. I am just wondering how long is considered reasonable time for the papers to be signed by everyone and to be filed?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">