• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting Sole legal and physical custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

ldymickey

I am from Florida and got divorced in 8/'99. I share joint custody with my ex- who is a crack addict. There was drug testing done due to visitation and he never showed up to court and visitation stayed the same. Here is my problem. He has not had any contact with the kids since 11/'99 and has not paid support either. I have followed the rules of the court order when it comes to notifying the courts of an address change, ect... He is no where to be found and has totally abandoned the children (ages 8 & 6.) we are talking not even acknowledging their birthdays. I have asked my ex- in-laws where he is at and they will not tell me. How do I go about getting sole physical and legal custody of my children. This man wants nothing to do with the children.

M

meleahk1

You can modify the original order, the forms can be found at

http://www.flcourts.org/

follow the links to the self help center. This is where I found my forms. You can also go to

www.myflorida.com

and follow the links there as well.

When you go to court you have to prove your case.

Good luck;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">