• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

give a good father advice on child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

patdaddy

please help, i live in texas, was divorced 3 years ago. my wife left me, filed for divorce. i gave her everything she wanted in the divorce, it was uncontested. we agreed on a child support amount, and i have never missed a payment. we have joint custody of our 2 sons. i now live about 30 miles away from my ex. i live with my common law wife and her 3 children from previous marrage. my sons spend more time at my house than they do my ex's. i pay for all living expenses that that arise when they are with me, and the ex does the same. we split school supplies each year, and medical expenses not covered by my insurance. she makes about 20 thousand more than i do yearly, and wants me to pay more child support. i love my children, and would do anything for them, however i can not see paying more, when the kids are in my care more than half the time already. what considerations if any do the laws in texas look at when determining if the raised child support is awarded. any help will be greatly appreciated.

K

kpinnc

Was the child support you agreed to part of the custody order? Did it meet state guidelines and was it "blessed" by the judge?

Contact your county's clerk of court to find out the guidelines for requesting a modification of child support.

P

patdaddy

yes, my divorce and all its stipulations are blessed by a judge. i never retained a attorney, nor did i go before the judge. my ex did however. she claims that she got the bulk of the burden when she left (fianancially). in reality her portion of the bills came to approx. 12,000.00, and my portion came to approx 18,000.00. the fact of the matter is she has just purchased a new house, and a new car, and is feeling the pinch of debt. i pay 250.00 per month on two sons, which spend more time at my residence than hers. i have records that we have been keeping that show time spent with children. nothing official, just a calander with notes of visitation on them. we are equal joint managing conservators according to the papers. the only extra right she has is to decide perminate residence. all other decisions are to be made jointly. she has broken this portion of the agreement by changing my kids school without my approval. thanks for any advice you can give me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">