• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

giving custody to the state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

independent child

my husband and I want to give custody of our child to the state. We livein New York. The child is a problem and we believe him to be a threat to the afamilly unit. What should we do?

M

madfire

How old is the child? Have you considered putting the child in counselling to try resolving the problem, before giving him up to the state.

I couldnt imagine!!

S

StepmomWI

It sounds like you have quite a "problem child". Obviously the child is not old enough to be emancipated, but what other solutions have you tried? Do you have any idea what the root of the problem is? If so maybe you could try some "tough love". I would definately try some counciling before turning to the state. I know that we all love our children and try to do what we can for them, but I would put giving the child to the state as a last alternative when everything else has failed or been exhausted. You would never want to do something that you may end up regretting for the rest of your life. It must be a difficult situation to be in and I feel for you. If you could get me some more information, maybeI could try to give you some better advice. Best of luck to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">