• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Giving things

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

Don't my kids have a right to access the things I buy for them? Why should they have to share with anyone else anyway? If you have a car or clothes or a new toy, are you going to share with everyone else in the house?

I bought them some expensive things that I told her I wanted her to hold onto for them until they were older. She originally kept saying no but finally "consented." So she'll keep those things but not the snacks and treats I buy them. How does that make sense? Could I ask for the expensive items back then? God knows I wouldn't want those things messing up their family relationship.
Are you on medication for your mental illness? :confused:

If so: What is the med's?

If not: Why?

single317dad

Are you on medication for your mental illness? :confused:

If so: What is the med's?

If not: Why?
OP stated in his previous thread(s) - which he deleted - that he is not in any treatment and does not take any prescribed medication. He left treatment some time ago over his doctor's objections, and that's already cost him in court.

Normally I'd just ignore a poster like this; there's really nothing I can do to help him. He's convinced he's sane and in the right on all issues, and no amount of reasoning will sway him. I'm just hoping that if this guy gets back in treatment his kids (or some other kid) can avoid some damage to their lives.

Just Blue

OP stated in his previous thread(s) - which he deleted - that he is not in any treatment and does not take any prescribed medication. He left treatment some time ago over his doctor's objections, and that's already cost him in court.

Normally I'd just ignore a poster like this; there's really nothing I can do to help him. He's convinced he's sane and in the right on all issues, and no amount of reasoning will sway him. I'm just hoping that if this guy gets back in treatment his kids (or some other kid) can avoid some damage to their lives.
Yeah...After I posted I kinda remembered this OP. And reported to Admin. Either he is a total nutjob or a troll having an early weekend. Either way it is not FreeAdvice situation. :)

notaped

Why do you EXPECT her to hold things for your children until they are older? Store them in your own dang house. You've got some nerve doing that in the first place.
I'm renting a room in a house with other boarders so I don't have storage space for things like that. She has an entire house.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm renting a room in a house with other boarders so I don't have storage space for things like that. She has an entire house.
Then don't buy them and/or don't give them.

Oh yeah, you are an abusive control freak who only thinks about himself.

Ladyback1

OK....we'll suppose you are not mentally ill---HOWEVER, you have an enormous amount of anger that would be helped by talking to an objective party who could help with the anger.

I'm telling you this in all seriousness: If you don't learn to let go of the anger? You're going to end up with very little time with your children (and even that will probably be supervised that you have to pay for!)

GET A GRIP, MAN!

Neal1421

I've never hit her. She has no marks on her. Neither do the kids. There is no evidence, and without evidence, that would be a hard case to PROVE, don't you think?
I never saw your previous posts and can't access the links to what has been posted with reference to them, so I had no previous thoughts or ideas of you other than what you have stated in this particular thread. With that being said, while almost all of your posts have bothered me, I think the bolded part has me the most concerned. All you had to say was that you never hit her or the kids, however to add the 4 sentences is disturbing. Sounds like a classic abuser.

You seriously need professional help, not just for you but for the kids if you can't understand what everyone else here is trying to tell you. Either send enough for all of the kids, or nothing at all. I would opt for the latter in your case.

notaped

I never saw your previous posts and can't access the links to what has been posted with reference to them, so I had no previous thoughts or ideas of you other than what you have stated in this particular thread. With that being said, while almost all of your posts have bothered me, I think the bolded part has me the most concerned. All you had to say was that you never hit her or the kids, however to add the 4 sentences is disturbing. Sounds like a classic abuser.
I fixed it. Better?

By the way, although I may have said some things to the judge, I don't actually verbalize all these things to him. I've been well-behaved and the visits with my kids have been going well. I'm hoping to increase my time with the kids next week, and maybe even some overnights. I don't think that's unreasonable or too much to ask.

Last edited:

Zigner

I fixed it. Better?

By the way, although I may have said some things to the judge, I don't actually verbalize all these things to him. I've been well-behaved and the visits with my kids have been going well. I'm hoping to increase my time with the kids next week, and maybe even some overnights. I don't think that's unreasonable or too much to ask.
Changing what you said doesn't unsay it.

notaped

Changing what you said doesn't unsay it.
Y'know...I come on here so I could be anonymous and get some help. i try to be as honest as I can because I figure full disclosure is better. Yes, I have some troubling thoughts and I'm working on it. People keep telling me to get counseling, but I've looked up what kind of "therapy" they put you through. They make you watch all these pictures and videos until you're "immune" to it. How is that going to really help? I'm trying to not have those thoughts in my head, and instead, they are putting more there. That kind of therapy is used for hardened criminals. I don't need that.

Zigner

Y'know...I come on here so I could be anonymous and get some help. i try to be as honest as I can because I figure full disclosure is better. Yes, I have some troubling thoughts and I'm working on it. People keep telling me to get counseling, but I've looked up what kind of "therapy" they put you through. They make you watch all these pictures and videos until you're "immune" to it. How is that going to really help? I'm trying to not have those thoughts in my head, and instead, they are putting more there. That kind of therapy is used for hardened criminals. I don't need that.
Your troubles are broader than your inappropriate thoughts about your children (if that's possible.)

Eekamouse

That's your problem, not hers. You could have just saved the money to buy the gifts at a later date instead of presuming you have the right to make your ex store the stuff for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">