• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Giving up parental rights in Colorado

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ceara19

rickglennbaker said:
even if the majority of support goes to further the corrupt lifestyle of the mom and not the kids?
I'd feel the same way even if ALL of the money went towards her crack habit and hooker clothes. One day, you are going to have to answer directly to these children. If you just give up, every single bad thing that happens in their life from that point on will be YOUR fault. Everything that they had to do without growing up will be because of YOU. Whether it's actually your fault or not, that's the way it will play.

If you CONTINUE to support your children as you should and mom continues to fight you every step of the way on visitation, at least you can look at your children and honestly tell them you tried.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
rickglennbaker said:
The state of co determines that the total $ needed for two kids, 9 and 11 is $510 per month. I pay $800. Her lifestyle is known well in a small town, drugs, parties, drinking. she recently had a party at her home while the kids slept and passed out dildos for all present.

Then why are you paying more? Did you AGREE to pay more? has there been a substantial change in circumstance since this order was made ordering you to pay that much? IF so go back and file for a modification. If quite a few years has passed file for one anyway. As for the dildos and the parties, you have PROOF of this right? You have filed for custody? Right? You have done ANYTHING to legally remove the children from this environment?

when i state that i have no relationship with them, i define "relationship" as more than a 5 min phone call once a month. would you be content with that? i cannot call them as a result of the bogus restraining order, i cannot go to their school functions because of same.

How were you found guilty of a "bogus restraining order"? Did you consent to a restraining order? Or was there enough evidence to find you guilty to get the restraining order? Or did you not show up to defend yourself against said restraining order?

I have filed numerous contempt citations, always heard by same judge. never, has he held her in contempt. always, he has slapped her wrists and told her to do what the order says. ususally giving her 60 days to comply, when she had not complied for the previous 180.

So you keep taking her back to court. You keep protesting to the court. You keep pointing out how mom is interfering. Or you file for custody and request a guardian ad liteum be appointed. There is more than one to accomplish being a parent.

according to the justice department, since 2000, 26 million fathers have been "forcibly" removed from their children by a corrupt family court system. you don't seem interested in giving me advice. why is that?

26 million fathers are not relevant here. Each of those cases are different. What matters are the FACTS associated with your circumstances.

ceara19

rickglennbaker said:
The state of co determines that the total $ needed for two kids, 9 and 11 is $510 per month. I pay $800. Her lifestyle is known well in a small town, drugs, parties, drinking. she recently had a party at her home while the kids slept and passed out dildos for all present.

when i state that i have no relationship with them, i define "relationship" as more than a 5 min phone call once a month. would you be content with that? i cannot call them as a result of the bogus restraining order, i cannot go to their school functions because of same.

I have filed numerous contempt citations, always heard by same judge. never, has he held her in contempt. always, he has slapped her wrists and told her to do what the order says. ususally giving her 60 days to comply, when she had not complied for the previous 180.

according to the justice department, since 2000, 26 million fathers have been "forcibly" removed from their children by a corrupt family court system. you don't seem interested in giving me advice. why is that?
Where in the Hell are you coming up with your figures? In the year 2000, there were 13.5 million parents that had custody of 21.7 million children whose other parent lived elsewhere.

Of those, 85% were mothers and 15% were fathers. Only 36.8% of non-custodial fathers
paid their child support on time and in full for the entire year compared to 76.1% of non-custodial mothers that paid their child support on time and in full for the entire year.

Also, there is a 5-10% GREATER likelyhood that child support will be ordered when the FATHER is named as the custodial parent than when the mother is named as the custodial parents.

You can throw out crap that you copied and pasted from some radical "father's rights" groups about "the 26 million fathers that have been 'forcibly' removed from their children by a corrupt family court system" all you want. The statistics I quoted came directly from the US census bureau. Overall, it looks like mothers are more likely to financially care for their children. However, as OG has pointed out, NONE of those cases have anything to do with YOUR case.

CJane

Could you link me to the 'justice department' statistics that you quoted? Please?

Also... you may not LIKE mom's lifestyle, but unless you can prove that she's a crackwhore who is plying her trade in the presence of the children, the court isn't going to care if you go in there and stomp your feet and say it's 'common knowledge'.

And last time I checked, adult toys were not illegal. Nor is the court going to care if she had a 'toy party' in her home after the children were in bed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">