• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandchildren in foster care,grandmother wants visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rainey655

What is the name of your state? Michigan
protective services took children away from my daughter and placed two in foster care and one child is with his father. I'm being denied visitation because daughter says no. would it do any good for me to hire an attorney?

T

tammied

In almost every state there is something called grandparents rights. It would be advisable for you to get an attorney, or go online to sites pertaining to your rights as a grandparent. why is your daughter refusing visitation? why do you not want to get the children? why does the father only have one of them?

R

rainey655

My three grandsons all have different fathers. two of the fathers have been dead beat dads. they have had no contact with their children, other then pay an occasional court ordered child support. Just enough to keep out of jail. they now have attorney's of their own and wish to gain custody of the children they are strangers to. I have been the main care taker of the children as my daughter and grandchildren were living with me when they were abruptly taken. PS would not consider me for placement of the children because the day they were taken away my daughter who is bi-polar acted in a way that caused me to call the police. She also assaulted my sister which triggered my sister to call Protective services. Because it happened in my home they could not place the children with me at the time. My daughter then told ps to come and get the children. I don't know what all she said to them. I've not seen or heard from daughter since that day. She wishes to hurt me because she is angry with me for calling the police on her. I didn't know what else to do. She was making treats to me in front of the children. PS has tried to reason with her in getting permission for me to see them. they told me they don't have a problem with it. But that grandparents have no right's and that as long as my daughter still has her parental rights and says no they have to abide by it.
thank you for your replies. I would appreciate some of those web sites you mentioned. perhaps you could e-mail them to me. I will start looking for an attorney in my area. Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">