• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

grandmother against father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rspears504

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? louisiana

I have a 2yr old daughter whom lives in Illinois with her grandmother. The mother and i live in louisiana. my daughter was living in louisiana between both of us, but when i found out she was using drugs in front of my daughter i called child services, they gave her a drug test and she failed it. I was told to keep the child in my custody, but before her hearing she signed over gaurdianship to her mother. The police came to my home and told me if i didnt give up the child i would be arrested for kidnapping. I went to a lawyer and he told me to go and take my child from illinois and come straight back to his office in louisiana, but i know thats not correct. please help im just trying to be a father to my daughter

Isis1

I have a 2yr old daughter whom lives in Illinois with her grandmother. The mother and i live in louisiana. my daughter was living in louisiana between both of us, but when i found out she was using drugs in front of my daughter i called child services, they gave her a drug test and she failed it. I was told to keep the child in my custody, but before her hearing she signed over gaurdianship to her mother. The police came to my home and told me if i didnt give up the child i would be arrested for kidnapping. I went to a lawyer and he told me to go and take my child from illinois and come straight back to his office in louisiana, but i know thats not correct. please help im just trying to be a father to my daughter
were you married to the mother? established paternity? any ongoing court hearings?

Proserpina

How exactly did this happen? What kind of guardianship? Was it court-approved?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">