• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

grandmother has temp. custody, mother seeking custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jmorrow

Georgia, My grandmother obtained temporary custody of me a little over a year ago, due to my mother being sick. My mother is well now, and would like to get custody of me back. What is the process she must go through to do this? How long does it usually take?

ceara19

Georgia, My grandmother obtained temporary custody of me a little over a year ago, due to my mother being sick. My mother is well now, and would like to get custody of me back. What is the process she must go through to do this? How long does it usually take?
Honestly, your mom needs to be the one to come here and ask the questions. It's not ONLY because you are a child and should NOT be in the middle of this, but there are questions that need to be answered, such as exactly what do the temporary papers state, that only the parties to the case can answer accurately.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">