• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

grandmother seeking custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

annaholten

What is the name of your state?
ca
My grandson is now 10 years old. My daughter moved into my home when she was pregnant, then had her son. She remained with me for 3 years with him. I have raised him on and off since and for 3 years full time to date. My daughter is unemployed and with no permanent home. Her current boyfriend got out of jail on Fri and I heard today that she is marrying him today. She has 4 other kids, all with different fathers. She continuously threatens to take my grandson from me. This is totally unacceptable since she is out of control with no morals and cannot possibly provide for him. She is currently raising a 2 yr old (the only child she has raised herself). How do I go about getting custody? I am very short of money right now and would like to do it the cheapest way. Can anyone put me on the right road?
I would appreciate any help

stevenslady

i doubt it

your daughter can take him out of the home anytime she wants-shes his mother.i know her lifestyle is a bit on the wild side,but thats how she chooses to live her life,and unless you can prove abuse or neglect,your daughters lifestyle isnt really your business.

casa

annaholten said:
What is the name of your state?
ca
My grandson is now 10 years old. My daughter moved into my home when she was pregnant, then had her son. She remained with me for 3 years with him. I have raised him on and off since and for 3 years full time to date. My daughter is unemployed and with no permanent home. Her current boyfriend got out of jail on Fri and I heard today that she is marrying him today. She has 4 other kids, all with different fathers. She continuously threatens to take my grandson from me. This is totally unacceptable since she is out of control with no morals and cannot possibly provide for him. She is currently raising a 2 yr old (the only child she has raised herself). How do I go about getting custody? I am very short of money right now and would like to do it the cheapest way. Can anyone put me on the right road?
I would appreciate any help
Where is the father?
Have you filed for guardianship at any time in the last 3 years you've had the child? Or did your daughter just live with you, while SHE raised the child?
Do you have documentation that he's lived with you and that you have provided for his daycare/school &/or living costs?
Where are the other 2 children? ie; what are the circumstances behind her not having custody of them?

Your daughters lack of morals is your opinion, not necessarily what a court would conclude is reason to remove a child from her custody. And, I'm left wondering how her morals became so askewed? :rolleyes:

annaholten

The child in question has lived with me alone for the past 3 years. His mother has visited on several occasions. I have supported him without help from anyone. We are not sure of his father's identity! And neither is she! I have not sought guardianship up to this point and I can proove that he has been with me and attended school etc. Other than her 2year old, the other kids are now grown and were raised by relatives but nothing was ever official. I too wonder about her moral and sincerely believe she has major mental problems.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">