• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandparent concerned about visitation with Parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

coldy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wyoming
What recourse does our daughter have? She was physically and verbally abused through 8 years of marriage. She has custody of their 2 children, but gave him all weekends.
She was so beat down that she agreed to a no-fault divorce. I believe she has been passive and agreed to these terms because of the verbal abuse and the threat that he will harm her. (he is a large man)
She moved out and he is living in their home. The judge says until the house sells she has to pay half the mortgage. So she is living with us because she cannot afford the payments (he made 75% of their income). I am concerned becuase he has head injuries from a near fatal car accident 15 years ago and has extreme problems wtih judgement and memory.
I feel awful that she is allowing him to have the children every weekend and he has not paid any child support since it was ordered on June 1st.
The court ordered parenting classes and a psychiartic examination for him after the last bout landed him in jail. Now that the divorce is final, can she get help? I am fearful that something will happen to their two young children when in his care.

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wyoming
What recourse does our daughter have? She was physically and verbally abused through 8 years of marriage. She has custody of their 2 children, but gave him all weekends.
She was so beat down that she agreed to a no-fault divorce. I believe she has been passive and agreed to these terms because of the verbal abuse and the threat that he will harm her. (he is a large man)
She moved out and he is living in their home. The judge says until the house sells she has to pay half the mortgage. So she is living with us because she cannot afford the payments (he made 75% of their income). I am concerned becuase he has head injuries from a near fatal car accident 15 years ago and has extreme problems wtih judgement and memory.
I feel awful that she is allowing him to have the children every weekend and he has not paid any child support since it was ordered on June 1st.
The court ordered parenting classes and a psychiartic examination for him after the last bout landed him in jail. Now that the divorce is final, can she get help? I am fearful that something will happen to their two young children when in his care.
Last bout of what ?

If he hasn't Pd. CS she can file contempt .

If he hasn't been a danger to the children nor neglected them , he's fit to have visits .

Quit frankly , you should stay out of it .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">