• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandparents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

karbow1214

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I'm supposed to pick up my husbands daughter from school today and her grandparents are threatening to pick her up before me. It's his time to have her per their visitation schedule. If I get to the school and she isn't there, what steps does he need to take?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I'm supposed to pick up my husbands daughter from school today and her grandparents are threatening to pick her up before me. It's his time to have her per their visitation schedule. If I get to the school and she isn't there, what steps does he need to take?
If you are on the pickup list at school, then just go pick up the child 30 minutes to an hour early. If you are not on the pickup list at school get your husband to change that for the future.

Your husband will need to file for contempt against mom if mom officially has custody or the grandparents if they do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">