• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandparents Rights.... Oregon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CraftyCathy

As stated in title, I live in Oregon. Can some one tell me what are grandparents right? Or do grandparents not have any rights in Oregon?

Thank you, Cathy

CraftyCathy said:
As stated in title, I live in Oregon. Can some one tell me what are grandparents right? Or do grandparents not have any rights in Oregon?

Thank you, Cathy

I don't believe Grandparents have any special rights in Oregon but may be granted by a judge visitation if it's in the child's best intrest and the Grandparents has had an ongoing healthy relationship with the child. I hope that was of some help. Maybe one of the Senior Members here could better help you than I.:)

LdiJ

CraftyCathy said:

Thank you, Cathy
As indicated by the other poster, grandparents do not have any kind of automatic rights, in any state.

If they have standing, they can file for visitation rights, but that is not a guarantee that they will win.

You haven't given us any information that would indicate that you do or don't have standing.

CraftyCathy

No, I have not seen the kids in over 3 years. Mother does not want family around. Before that I did not see them much either. Think same reason, basically.

LdiJ

In addition, you don't have an established relationship with the children, therefore you would have little to no chance of winning a grandparent visitation suit, even if you did have standing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">