• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Granting temp custody of my 15 year old daughter to my adult daughter.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

powellx5

Missouri.... I need to give my adult daughter temporary custody of my 15 year old daughter. The 15 year old daughter is currently out of state, visiting my aunt and I need to get her home. I can not travel, so I am sending my adult daughter. The reason for the temporary custody is because I have reason to believe that my aunt isn't going to let her leave with my adult daughter with out a fight and I want her to be able to get her and bring her back to our state with as little trouble as possible. I've been looking on LegalZoom and other sites to get the form that I need, but there are so many and I'm having a hard time choosing which form I need to fill out, and which site to get it from. Thank you for your help.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

CJane

Where is the child's father?

Why is she with the Aunt?

What state is the child currently in?

Are there any existing court orders pertaining to the custody of this child?

LdiJ

Missouri.... I need to give my adult daughter temporary custody of my 15 year old daughter. The 15 year old daughter is currently out of state, visiting my aunt and I need to get her home. I can not travel, so I am sending my adult daughter. The reason for the temporary custody is because I have reason to believe that my aunt isn't going to let her leave with my adult daughter with out a fight and I want her to be able to get her and bring her back to our state with as little trouble as possible. I've been looking on LegalZoom and other sites to get the form that I need, but there are so many and I'm having a hard time choosing which form I need to fill out, and which site to get it from. Thank you for your help.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You shouldn't need to do temporary custody. A Power of Attorney should be sufficient for your purposes. Any kind of custody would have to go through court. A POA does not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">