• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grounds for Modification?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brookeohio

Main reasons:

Mother hid overtime income during calculation of worksheet...then came out with $6000 for year three when they redid the worksheet 2 months later for mistakes. Said something about additional money during year 2 but they never applied it???? Father disclosed all three yrs. of overtime.

The proof of paying child care the mother provided to the CSEA was not real solid. The CSEA attorney told me I should ask for further proof (she hinted at it b/c she isnt supposed to say a word)

Lost my job due to downsizing (not my fault). My old job put last years overtime on the worksheet at $15000, and $4500 for year 2. Averaging out to $6500 tacked onto my gross. Really upping my support. My new income is only $2500 less a year but the overtime is only $3315 a year.

According to line 1B on Ohio worksheet if the overtime expected to be earned THIS year is less than the average of the three yrs or less than yr 3 you may use an amount reasonably expected to be earned THIS year.

I objected to this order before 30 days so I have a hearing coming up soon. Should my child support be reduced based on the information I gave?

R

Rediculous!

WOW- my husband has a hearing date on next Wednesday for similar reasons. Good luck to you! Do you have a lawyer? We don't!
We figure, even if the judge dosent lower our support a penny..he will see she is dishonest by the time we leave the courtroom b/c of other issues and he will remember that in the future if we ever end up in there again. He will remember she is trying to take advantage of him!
That is worth paying court costs and giving modification a shot. GOOD LUCK!

What do you think LB? Anyone? Will this person get a reduction? I think they should..based on what they said.

[Edited by Rediculous! on 02-23-2001 at 12:39 PM]

R

Rediculous!

LB: You read law?! For fun?

haha

Does Ohio have its own laws on modificaiton of child support/visitation. Does each state and where online?

LegalBeagle

For fun ?, no..

Since you have appealed in the time frame and have a hearing coming up then you have every chance to present your evidence and possible get a reduction. You will need to explain in detail, about the new position and income.. why, what choice you had etc..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">