• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guardian Ad Litem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lynda312

i live in missouri. where can i find information on a guardian ad litem? I need information on what they do, how you get one, etc.

MySonsMom

Lynda312 said:
i live in missouri. where can i find information on a guardian ad litem? I need information on what they do, how you get one, etc.
Guardian Ad Litem:
A person, not necessarily a lawyer, who is appointed by a court to represent and protect the interests of a child or an incapacitated adult during a lawsuit. For example, a guardian ad litem (GAL) may be appointed to represent the interests of a child whose parents are locked in a contentious battle for custody, or to protect a child's interests in a lawsuit where there are allegations of child abuse. The GAL may conduct interviews and investigations, make reports to the court and participate in court hearings or mediation sessions. Sometimes called court-appointed special advocates (CASAs).

LegalBeagle

Lynda312 said:
You go to Yahoo.com and search for 'Guardian Ad Litem'

G

Grandma B

Though the purpose is the same, the qualification requirements vary widely from state to state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">