• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guardian ad litem question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jwillam93

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia
Can someone tell me exactly what the Guardian ad litem looks for as far as interviewing the parents and the child who is 5 years old? I live out of state but court is held in Virginia where the child lives which means that the Guardian ad litem is going to do everything through a phone interview and pictures of my home. My interview is not until the 15th of August but I want to know exactly how this process will work? What do they ask you in the background check? Will they want to talk to anyone else? The GAL cannot really examine my interaction with the child considering the fact that he lives over 1000 miles away from me. Also, can anyone tell me what they will talk to my son about considering the fact that he is 5? My BM told me that they talked to him but won't tell me any more information. Can I ask the GAL what he asked him or is that private?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia
Can someone tell me exactly what the Guardian ad litem looks for as far as interviewing the parents and the child who is 5 years old? I live out of state but court is held in Virginia where the child lives which means that the Guardian ad litem is going to do everything through a phone interview and pictures of my home. My interview is not until the 15th of August but I want to know exactly how this process will work? What do they ask you in the background check? Will they want to talk to anyone else? The GAL cannot really examine my interaction with the child considering the fact that he lives over 1000 miles away from me. Also, can anyone tell me what they will talk to my son about considering the fact that he is 5? My BM told me that they talked to him but won't tell me any more information. Can I ask the GAL what he asked him or is that private?
You have no right to know what the GAL asked the 5 year old. Your BM? Your bowel movements can talk? You might want to get medicated if you actually think that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">