• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

guardianship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jr52052

What is the name of your state? Ohio

My daughter had her 1st baby while still in high school, and her second while in college, I obtained guardianship of both boys and they have lived with me (both) since their birth. The father (of both) - (under the encouragement of his father) is trying to remove my guardianship so no child support will have to be paid by the father.

I had purchased a house for my daughter and the father for them to try to be a family and after 3 months the father abandoned all three and we later found him at his father's in another state.

Every attempt to collect child support ended up with him playing like he wanted to be a family but always ended up with him making her come back home. He went for over a year without seeing the oldest boy because he did not want to leave me.

The father's father is a policeman in his state and has pul;led multiple strings to ensure his son not take responsibility for his actions and now is doing his best to take away the children (ages 4 and 2 now). Because of circumstanses here they got to take the children for a visit after over a year for the oldest and months for the youngest. While there they refused to let the mother call to take to them and threatened dissappearing with the boys so we went to get them only to have them run and hide the boys. The grandfather being a policeman got away with it and at first chance got emergency custody of the boys (later after $6,000 on my part) a judge decreed that their state did not have jursdiction and the boys returned to me.

Now they have filed to have my guardianship revoked. My daughter maintains that I keep guardianship but I am afraid of the outcome. I asked the judge for an investigator but with the corrupt ways pf this policeman's influence I can see that as a waste of my $400. He has even hired the probate judges wife as his lawyer to get and edge.

What I need to know is - what are may options??? What more can I do????

Thank you,

court will be probably the 1st of July

jr52052

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">