• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guardianship for niece

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fermo

What is the name of your state? Washington

Can I file for guardianship for my niece with out having to retain an attourney?

Mother is M.I.A. and Father not involved, can we still get guardianship?

Situation:
My sister has 3 childeren a 16 y.o. with her father. 12 y.o. who as of Monday is back living with me. 2 y.o. living with his father.
My sister has a on going drug habit and she has no intentions of chaning her ways. The concern is her 12 y.o. has been staying with a friend for 9 months. Last week my sister stole our fathers atm and wipe out his account. We are all concerned about what is happening to our niece and had a family meeting. We all agreed that me and my husband had the most suitable living accomodations. The only issue is I want to request guardianship but don't have money to pay for an attorney. All my niece has are the clothes on her back. We are still getting her many provisions that are costly. I want to get her enrolled in school and make sure she has medical coverage and stop my sister from getting the child support that she continues to spend on her drug habit. PLEASE HELP :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">