• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hair follicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crissyjlq2@yaho

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new york, is drug hair follicle test results admissable court evidence in supreme court?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new york, is drug hair follicle test results admissable court evidence in supreme court?
How does this relate to Child Custody & Visitation?
Try posting here: https://forum.freeadvice.com/criminal-law-procedure-54/

xylene

For what purpose?

This is not a yes or no question.

To answer your basic question it is yes and no.

The new york courts have no specific prohibition on the entering of valid evidence, which a hair follicle test MAY be.

Whether your test amounts to evidence suitable to be entered, you have no provided enough info.

If you are trying to get away with using, objecting to a follicle test may not help

If you are trying to bust your ex with a drug test of follicles from their hairbrush, that almost certainly WILL NOT work.

calidad

In California it IS NOT admissable.

I have a friend who was ordered to take a hair folicle test. Although it came back positive and their urnine test came back negative (both were taken on the same day). The hair folicle positive test was thrown out as they were able to obtain a letter from a local drug testing agency that state that the hair folicle testing is not yet scientifically proven as there are MANY other contributing factors that can cause a false positive.

Hope this information helps.

Isis1

I have a friend who was ordered to take a hair folicle test. Although it came back positive and their urnine test came back negative (both were taken on the same day). The hair folicle positive test was thrown out as they were able to obtain a letter from a local drug testing agency that state that the hair folicle testing is not yet scientifically proven as there are MANY other contributing factors that can cause a false positive.

well, i gues britney shaved her head for absolute no reason other then being nutty.

sorry, that was OT. :eek:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Actually you cannot get that definite. It may be admissible depending on whether chain of custody can be testified to and whether there is someone from the testing facility or another expert on hand to explain the testing procedure or whether the parties stipulate to the test results or a variety of other factors.

calidad

OG you are right, I should not be so definate in my answers. Im still new and learning:) but thanks for pointing that out.

LMAO about the britney comment!

There were other factors that were involved, I just wanted to get it out there that it is possible in CA to get that type of test thrown out.

TinkerBelleLuvr

The OP was asking about NEW YORK, not California. Just because something may be prohibited in another state does NOT help the OP.

There are several posters who have successfully used hair folicle tests in various states, so the answer is:

it depends.

calidad

I should have added ----so it COULD be possible in NEW YORK as well.

That was the direction I was trying to go. But im learning I have to be very litteral when talking legal verbage :)

Thanks for the pointing the err in my ways, I will take that and learn from it!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">