• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hair follicle tests

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

waitinMd

What is the name of your state? Md

Do court ordered hair follicle tests automatically include testing for detox? Can that be requested?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Md

Do court ordered hair follicle tests automatically include testing for detox? Can that be requested?
I didn't think that hair follicle tests could be beaten by any kind of detox...unless you are talking about something different than I think you are talking about.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I didn't think that hair follicle tests could be beaten by any kind of detox...unless you are talking about something different than I think you are talking about.
I am with you Ld. the hair follicle test would show any drug use throughout the growth of the hair.

waitinMd

I called abc detox, and they say it is 100% gauranteed to pass the test. I then called the lab in Las Vegas (Quest) and the lab tech agreed, you can pass a hair follicle test if you use these new shampoo's. I am disappointed. The judge ruled yesterday that my ex can have the child back, unsupervised, if my ex's family gets hair follicle tests. She has repeatedly told me they will just 'detox', so I'm sure that is what they will do.

I also don't understand why the judge gave her more time, she did not use the 3 days he gave her from the last hearing; she kept missing visitation. Of course she lied about it and blamed it on me. Very frustrating.:(

Goodmom1

Here's some advice

There is no hope in dope! Stop using drugs. What kind of example are you setting for yor kids. Get help. Both of you dont deserve to be parents if your getting wasted all the time.

There is no hope in dope! Stop using drugs. What kind of example are you setting for yor kids. Get help. Both of you dont deserve to be parents if your getting wasted all the time.

I don't see anywhere the OP said that he was using drugs. I only see mention of the X.

I called abc detox, and they say it is 100% gauranteed to pass the test. I then called the lab in Las Vegas (Quest) and the lab tech agreed, you can pass a hair follicle test if you use these new shampoo's. I am disappointed. The judge ruled yesterday that my ex can have the child back, unsupervised, if my ex's family gets hair follicle tests. She has repeatedly told me they will just 'detox', so I'm sure that is what they will do.

I also don't understand why the judge gave her more time, she did not use the 3 days he gave her from the last hearing; she kept missing visitation. Of course she lied about it and blamed it on me. Very frustrating.:(

I've researched this a bit myself and I've read the opposite. They can shampoo all they want. It will somewhat clean up the outside of the hair shaft, but it won't get to the inside of the hair follicle. The lab takes the hair and they dissolve it, thus they get to the inside of the shaft. Once dissolved they run the drug tests. Go to this link for Quest. It states that there is no known adulterants that can beat the test at this time.

http://www.questdiagnostics.com/employersolutions/files/hair_testing_faq.pdf

Last edited:

waitinMd

It is very confusing. I called another lab and they are saying the same thing you just did.
But someone I know said they used the shampoo and it worked for him, so I am not sure. I guess I have to be thankful that the judge is making it difficult for them and in the long run maybe they will think twice about offering my child drugs the way they allow the rest of the children in their family to use drugs at a young age.

I made such a fuss in court about her family using/dealing drugs. If they test negative, I am going to look like a fool.

I wish they could test for the shampoo or the stripping of the hair.

It is very confusing. I called another lab and they are saying the same thing you just did.
But someone I know said they used the shampoo and it worked for him, so I am not sure. I guess I have to be thankful that the judge is making it difficult for them and in the long run maybe they will think twice about offering my child drugs the way they allow the rest of the children in their family to use drugs at a young age.

I made such a fuss in court about her family using/dealing drugs. If they test negative, I am going to look like a fool.

I wish they could test for the shampoo or the stripping of the hair.

I'm not sure who all you are having testing. I would say the odds are slim for one, much less a few. I am only getting the one tested. Let's cross our fingers that they can't lie and scam their way through these. There has got to be justice out there somewhere.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">