• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassing Ex-wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Amber31

What is the name of your state? Missouri
Can a divorced parent remarry without informing her ex-husband? My husband's ex eloped last week. We don't even know her husband's last name. She is harassing and threatening us continuously. Child support is garnished from his check & the last support payment was $18 short because he didn't make enough money for them to take out the full amount. We're sending it to the Child Support center to make up for it, but she is irrate! She called his work and screamed at the payroll clerk and threatened her. She told my husband that she is still in control of him and she will show him just how far she will go to embarass him. All this over $18. She works for a Federal Judge (computer entry) and threatens us all the time. We are fed up. She says the child does not want to see my husband (she's just like her mom) and he hasn't seen her since April. Is there anything we can do? Is she in contempt for not informing him of her marriage? What about threatening and harassing him? He's not worried about seeing his child. He loves her, but she is violant and out of control. She refuses to come to our house unless she gets to do ANYTHING she wants.

A

Amber31

Ok, so I should have read my typing before I hit post. My husband does want to see his daughter. He'd take full custody if he could, but the child DOES NOT want to come here. We have taken her to a therapist. The therapist said she is a brat (yes, she said that) and she is trying to manipulate us. She can't be helped because mommy wants her like this so she causes us problems. At the advice of the therapist, we would send her to her room when she acted out. Such as, when we would sit down to dinner and my husband would tell her to eat her pizza, she would stick her finger down her throat and vomit on the table. SHe would get sent to her room. Next day, she'd tell her mom she's not coming to our house anymore, because dad told her what to do and he's not her boss. I don't think we've given up on her. I think we've gotten worn out & tired. He does not want to force to come here and have her hate him for it.

J

jewell3

I would like to discuss this situation with you... by private message. However, it keeps telling me that the private messaging has been disabled. Don't know why...

A

Amber31

I have e-mailed the adminstrator. I couldn't send you a private message either.

J

jewell3

Amber, don't know why the private messaging won't work at all. So, usually I wouldn't give out like our instant messaging id's, however, if you happen to have Yahoo IM.. our id is a_prfct_love. If you have it, try to find me online when you have a chance.. and we will talk.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">