+ Reply to Thread
    bababouy14 is offline Junior Member

Have custody and father is filing for custody

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee. My live in girlfriend has custody of her 5 year old daughter with 2 day a week visitation of childs father. She has let him see the child more than the court has allowed. Now he has filed for full custody of the child under the grounds that she has seizures occasionally and has had one recently while child was with her. She is under doctors care and the dr says that she is more than capable of taking care of child. Also he doesnt have a job and no means of support other than unemployment. He was dismissed from last job at adolescent drug rehab center for alleged abuse. What does she need to do and does the father have a chance to get custody? Thanks
    Ohiogal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bababouy14 View Post
    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee. My live in girlfriend has custody of her 5 year old daughter with 2 day a week visitation of childs father. She has let him see the child more than the court has allowed. Now he has filed for full custody of the child under the grounds that she has seizures occasionally and has had one recently while child was with her. She is under doctors care and the dr says that she is more than capable of taking care of child. Also he doesnt have a job and no means of support other than unemployment. He was dismissed from last job at adolescent drug rehab center for alleged abuse. What does she need to do and does the father have a chance to get custody? Thanks
    Yes the father has a "chance" at custody. You need to stay out of this quite frankly. The fact that he is unemployed matters not. And if he is receiving unemployment -- then guess what, he was not fired for cause.
    Parents should remember 3 things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex; when you have children the relationship with the other parent is until death; your children determine what type of nursing home you end up in.
    Nothing stated by me should be taken as giving you legal advice or forming an attorney/client relationship.

Attorney-GAL in Ohio.

I've removed the knife from my back, polished it, and will one day return it -- long after you think I have forgotten.