• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

He didn't file his paperwork, what happens now?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MissKitty

What is the name of your state?
PA - Allegheny County

My ex-husband filed for partial custody. We went through the Educational Seminar, Generations were waived because of the PFA I had on him, then we went in front of a conciliation officer. He didn't like what I was proposing (no alcohol or drugs around the kids with a graduated visitation w/option for regular visitation), so he MF'd everyone and walked out. The hearing officer then referred us to to a judge.

We are both pro se and had to file pre-trial statements, list evidence and a copy of a proposed custody/visitation order 10 days before our hearing. I did, he didn't. I didn't receive anything in the mail (he is supposed to serve me), he didn't file anything at all. I'm trying to get ahold of generations now to see if he ever did file anything, but the phone is busy busy busy.

I guess my question is, what happens now if he didn't file these mandatory pleadings? Will he be penalized? I just want to know where I stand now that he didn't follow through with his paperwork since he is the one who filed for the custody hearing in the first place?

Thanks alot for your help! This is my first time here and this place seems like a great place to go for advice!

:)

MissKitty

Really? See, the Prothonotary took all but the front page of the court paper and I don't have what they stated "would" happen if they were not filed. I know it didn't say nothing would happen, it was adomately clear that if we didn't file this paperwork that you could lose custody, be fined or sanctioned. If that was the case, I wouldn't have wasted months preparing paperwork! I don't understand.

Oh well. I thought he would not be able to proceed with his case or whatever. I wish that prothonotary didn't take the rest of the paperwork!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">