• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Head Lice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jvance43

What is the name of your state?Missouri
Our youngest daughter was sent home from school to mother with head lice for the third time in 4 months.
The oldest daughter said their moms boyfriend's daughter had them "All over her head". The oldest daughter said mother bought 1 bottle of shampoo and washed all 4 kids hair with shampoo for lice. I don't think 1 bottle is enough for 4 heads.
What can I do?

rmet4nzkx

It depends on the size of the bottle, and the nits have to be picked as well. After clearing the lice, children need to learn not to share hats or hairgrooming aides.

kids1st

If it is routine

Hey, Im in Missouri also

If your daughter keeps coming home with lice after she has been treated and you know that it is coming from your x's you can call Health Services and have them investigate if they find that their house or their heads are infested they will order them to take care of the problem and will check back in.

This is the only legal way I know to keep your children from your X until the infestation is clear.

A friend of mine had to go through this, and everytime her little girl would come home she would have lice agian. The step mother and father said they treated (they may have) but not to the extent that they needed and Health Services made sure that it was done.

BelizeBreeze

kids1st said:
Hey, Im in Missouri also

If your daughter keeps coming home with lice after she has been treated and you know that it is coming from your x's you can call Health Services and have them investigate if they find that their house or their heads are infested they will order them to take care of the problem and will check back in.

This is the only legal way I know to keep your children from your X until the infestation is clear.

A friend of mine had to go through this, and everytime her little girl would come home she would have lice agian. The step mother and father said they treated (they may have) but not to the extent that they needed and Health Services made sure that it was done.
Wonderful advice. Of course, you know the child didn't get the lice from school, the bus, other children at play or during after-school activities or that she already had it and it developed during her stay at the mother's home and SHE infected the other children.

In other words, great advice. :rolleyes:

ENASNI

paaalllleeeessee

My daughter, who now at the age of 16 showers so much that I think we are responsible for the drought in California... And who has always been Missy Clean-jeans... went through that too at 9 or 10. (cant remember... getting old)

My ex's gf at the time actually wanted to check my head for the creepy thingys... as if I would let them live in my house on my head. on my daughter

Funny thing they came from their weekend.. hmmm
I cast no stones... (actually neither did my ex but he was enthralled... what ya gonna say... he threw her to the curb when he tried the same stuff on him ... not with the lice... he is bald but other stuff finally got to him)
but I tangent... he is happily married with someone cool now.

It takes a bunch to get rid of them, many teddy bears were toast, many garbage bags polluted our dumps. many tiny combs found there way into my home.
BUT IT HAPPENS.
Please, Other hills, other mountains ... hopefully not but paaalllesee :(
Maybe better education, but calling in health services screams.. B*$#@! to me... (and I don't even let my daughter say that word) :eek:

LdiJ

A couple of bits of advice about head lice.

The mostly likely cause of a re-infestation is an "epidemic" so to speak at school...or one or another of the parents not understanding the need to "treat" the entire house, not just the child. If its the fault of any adult here...it could be the mom of the bf's child, the mom of these kids, or even, without you realizing it..YOUR fault.

And not understanding the needed to re-treat the child after 7 days. (because its harder than heck to get EVERY nit)

Do a google search on the issue and read up on treating the house.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">