• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Held in Contempt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crissyv

What is the name of your state?Texas

My husband and I have had Custody of our 7 year old son since August 2004. My husbands ex-wife went to court and had a court order done saying that she gets liberal visitation without our knowlegde. There have been some change in circumstances since then. She has moved from Kentucky to South Dakota and we are not sure of her living or financial situation. When we got him he was sullen, non responsive, and very underwieght and the child care workers told us those were classic signs of neglect. It took us a long time to get him to come out and talk to us about it. He told us that his mother would leave him home alone and that sometimes she didnt feed him.
She calls here all hours of the night and demands that we let her speak to her son and when we wont wake him up she calls us names and curses us out. Everytime she talks to him she tells him that he is gonna come and live with her. Totally confusing the child.
We tried to compromise with her on visitation in the summer, but she will not compromise. Our son has ADHD and since he has been with us, insted of putting him on some mind-numbing drugs, like he was on when we got him, because she said she couldnt handle him, We switched his medication to something that is not addictive and it helps him concentrate at school and we got him a therapist that he sees once a month. After each session she prescribes a months worth of medication. His mother insists on taking him to SD for the entire summer, reguardless of his mental health. We are worried that she will not be able to handle him again with out the medication he was on. He is VERY hyper, but we deal with that rather than drug him.
We are scared that she will not bring him back because she keeps telling him that he is going to live with her.
If my husband denies her visitation this summer, can she hold him in contempt?

abstract99

crissyv said:
All it says is that she is allowed Liberal Visitation
Have you looked into why dad was not served? You know, it is possible for someone filing paperwork @ the CH to make it look like the other person was served when they never were. If you were not served then there are actions that you can take to fix the problem.

Zephyr

liberal visitation is a very broad term open to lots of interpretation, she has no visitation right to the child at a certain day and time? if not then cp has a lot of say in when and how she can visit. abuse of this power probably would not be looked upon kindly but decisions based upon best interests of the child (provable) can influence how visitation proceeds.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">