• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help for a convicted sex offender who is a dad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A Father

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ. Please dont judge me I screwed things up enough. My wife is seeking custody of our 4 children ages (13,12,11,6). I have not lost my rights to my kids my judge has even given me unsupervised permission to be around them in the same house.I currently live with a cousin and her 4 small chlidren. I'm not a threat to my kids or the ones I live with. My children have exspressed their unhappieness in their home with my wife and her boyfriend. I could use some help in finding a way that this custody judge doesn't take my rights away. Is their any case law out their that can help me. Thank You for reading my post.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ. Please dont judge me I screwed things up enough. My wife is seeking custody of our 4 children ages (13,12,11,6). I have not lost my rights to my kids my judge has even given me unsupervised permission to be around them in the same house.I currently live with a cousin and her 4 small chlidren. I'm not a threat to my kids or the ones I live with. My children have exspressed their unhappieness in their home with my wife and her boyfriend. I could use some help in finding a way that this custody judge doesn't take my rights away. Is their any case law out their that can help me. Thank You for reading my post.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
There has to be a change in circumstance in the lives of the children. Them being unhappy is not a change in circumstance.

A Father

ΣΒΔ

Not only are they unhappy my wife's boyfriend steps on their toes when they dont put shoes on. My oldest and youngest daughters have been grounded since mid Dec. and dont get off it until Mid March. My 12 year old daughter and my 11 year old son r sharing a bedroom. Their cousins who live upstairs take their toys cloths when ever they want and my wife does nothing about it so yes it is because they r unhappy.

Antigone*

Not only are they unhappy my wife's boyfriend steps on their toes when they dont put shoes on. My oldest and youngest daughters have been grounded since mid Dec. and dont get off it until Mid March. My 12 year old daughter and my 11 year old son r sharing a bedroom. Their cousins who live upstairs take their toys cloths when ever they want and my wife does nothing about it so yes it is because they r unhappy.
Like I said, not enough reason to petition for a change in custody?

So, are you a member???

Just Blue

Please answer all questions asked. WHAT were you convicted of?

A Father

Antigone

sry i misunderstood your first post. my wife just filed she has had custody of our kids since 2008 when i went to jail i was released in Jan 2011. Now she is filing for custody that she already has. I was just curious if their is any laws in the state of NJ that will prevent me from seeing my kids or that will stop me from getting custody of my children. In 2008 I pled guilty to filming 2 teenage grls in the shower of my own home i served my sentence am now supervised under parolefor possesing the video on my computer.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
sry i misunderstood your first post. my wife just filed she has had custody of our kids since 2008 when i went to jail i was released in Jan 2011. Now she is filing for custody that she already has. I was just curious if their is any laws in the state of NJ that will prevent me from seeing my kids or that will stop me from getting custody of my children. In 2008 I pled guilty to filming 2 teenage grls in the shower of my own home i served my sentence am now supervised under parole.
Of what exactly were you convicted? Are you divorced from your wife? Are there ANY court orders or this an INITIAL determination since you were in jail and she kept the children?

A Father

answer to ?'s regarding my charges

In 2008 I pled guilty to filming 2 teenage grls in the shower of my own home i served my sentence am now supervised under parole. My actual charge was sexual abuse of children but i hate that wording cause i was charged with a no contact crime not saying what I did was any better but its all in the wording. My wife and I r currently still married. Their r no court orders preventing me from seeing my kids right now and this is the INITIAL determination.

Antigone*

sry i misunderstood your first post. my wife just filed she has had custody of our kids since 2008 when i went to jail i was released in Jan 2011. Now she is filing for custody that she already has. I was just curious if their is any laws in the state of NJ that will prevent me from seeing my kids or that will stop me from getting custody of my children. In 2008 I pled guilty to filming 2 teenage grls in the shower of my own home i served my sentence am now supervised under parolefor possesing the video on my computer.
Well, since you have changed your story, (about the custody) I will venture to say that you have issues. Your wife is going to try to prove to the court that you are a danger to your children.

A Father

story

I didn't change my story i have added to it and hopefully answered all of everyones ?'s. I also clarified some thing that I may not have been to clear on in my initial post sry for any misleading posts.

Just Blue

In 2008 I pled guilty to filming 2 teenage grls in the shower of my own home i served my sentence am now supervised under parole. My actual charge was sexual abuse of children but i hate that wording cause i was charged with a no contact crime not saying what I did was any better but its all in the wording. My wife and I r currently still married. Their r no court orders preventing me from seeing my kids right now and this is the INITIAL determination.
Were the minors friends or relations to your children? To you?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
There is no caselaw on point however:
S.D. v. M.J.R., 415 N.J.Super. 417, 2 A.3d 412 (N.J.Super.A.D. 2010)
State v. E.B., 348 N.J.Super. 336, 791 A.2d 1124 (N.J.Super.A.D. 2002)
P.T. v. M.S., 325 N.J.Super. 193, 738 A.2d 385 (N.J.Super.A.D. 1999)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">