• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Daddy please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mystic_unicorn

What is the name of your state? KY

I have a really good friend who is not legal in the US but has a son with an american women , she is refuseing to let him have visitation with his son .
i need to know what his rights are or what we need to do to get him visitation with his son.

acmb05

I have a really good friend who is not legal in the US but has a son with an american women , she is refuseing to let him have visitation with his son .
i need to know what his rights are or what we need to do to get him visitation with his son.
He has a right to remain silent, a right to an attorney if one cannot be afforded by him.

LdiJ

Its a tricky situation. His best bet would be to get a consult with a local attorney and be very candid about his circumstances.

If he takes it to court, you can be certain that mom will use his illegal status to the maximum, and therefore he needs to consult with someone who is familiar with the local judges and their general reaction to that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">