• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP! False allegations!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

justme000

What is the name of your state? Arizona
My boyfriend's ex kidnapped his 5-yr-old son in January while they were in the middle of a custody battle- he finally got him back two weeks ago and has temporary full custody and a restraining order against her and has taken her to court- now she's making false allegations of drug abuse and sexual abuse in the home as an explanation for why she kidnapped him- (she even filed a police report before she left against my boyfriend stating that he was molesting his own son!)... my boyfriend was never notified by the police or cps about any of this and just found out when she brought it up in court last week. My question is: How do you disprove such a thing? The drug thing can easily be settled with a drug test, but what about the sexual abuse allegation? They won't let the five year old up on the stand so how else can you do it? She tried this with the father of her other child when he tried to get visitation and now she's done it again. She's evil! Does anyone know if it is legal and would it be admitted in court if we could tape record her admitting to these lies? Please someone help.

snostar

AZ is a one party state so; as long as you are a party to the conversation you can record the conversation. AZ also permits the subscriber to the phone service to record conversations without any parties being notified. Whether or not it will be admissible in court will be up to the Judge.

The mother will have to attempt to prove the allegations. Your b/f can request a psychological evaluation for the child. A good psychologist can see right through false allegations. Judges and Law Guardians do not appreciate false allegations, and in the end hopefully it will only paint the mother in an unfavorable light.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">